Simple Lighting Issue 2.0.4.113

Yes. My night time mode change automation which turns off the lights, candles, and a bunch of other things failed. The mode change happened, but the SimpleLight rule that's triggered by it never executed at all.

Did you update for the hot fix release? Simple Lighting was broken in an earlier release, and 2.0.4.113 was released yesterday that fixed it.

Yes, like the OP I has updated to 2.0.4.113

System Event Log:

mode Home is now in Night mode Night LOCATION_MODE_CHANGE 2019-01-14 12:46:12.010 AM EST
systemStart System startup with build: 2.0.4.113 2.0.4.113 2019-01-13 10:39:27.115 PM EST

One Failed SL Rule:
Event Details
id: 1824828
Date: 2019-01-14 00:46:12.000
Name: SL
isStateChange: false
physical: false
digital: false
source: APP
value: Turn Off
installedAppId: 131

And another mode change SL automation that failed at the same time:

Event Details
id:	1824833
Date:	2019-01-14 00:46:12.000
Name:	SL
isStateChange:	false
physical:	false
digital:	false
source:	APP
value:	Turn On
installedAppId:	258

Both show that they switched, however none of the devices in the device group for the first automation, and the single device in the second group, all failed to switch.

I don't know what you're showing here, or what your referring to "both show that they switched". Need more context, display of app that didn't run, its events log, etc.

I'm confused. The app is SimpleLighting which we're discussing here, and the data is from the event that executed but didn't actually do anything. What else do you need?

A screenshot of the app setup page, the App events from the app status page link. I can't see what you see, so you have to show me. And, confirm that you were running on 2.0.4.113? If not, forget it, because it was broken before that.

Update: We did find another bug in scheduling related to before sunrise and before sunset offsets.

1 Like

Here are screenshots.. And yes, I am running .113

The second mode change 2 minutes was the result of changing the mode back to evening and back to night.

OK, so SimpleLighting did the Turn On as you would expect, but the Bedroom Air Purifier didn't turn on? Look at its device events from the device page. Did it get an On event at that time?

No sir. Here's the log from that particular device.. Sorry, can't do a screenshot at the moment.

power 264.9 Bedroom Air Purifier power is 264.9 watts DEVICE 2019-01-14 12:49:03.636 AM EST
switch on Bedroom Air Purifier is On DEVICE 2019-01-14 12:49:02.276 AM EST
switch off Bedroom Air Purifier is Off DEVICE 2019-01-13 10:54:45.837 PM EST

As you can see, no ON command was sent to the device at that 12:46am.

Well, that's mysterious. SimpleLighting ran, per the first logs you showed, and it would have sent an On command when indicated.

To further understand what's going on need you to test this with Logs open, and all logging on for the device. Then manually do the mode change so we can see what happens in the logs.

@bravenel, did you mention there are still ongoing SimpleLighting issurs wuth sunrise/sunset offsets? Just had one fail for the second day in a row with nothing logged in the event log.

There are some issues still with it. Rather that spend time and energy digging into it, probably better to just wait for the next release. The issues pertain to before sunrise/sunset.

I assume RM isnt affliected by this? I'll just move the failing one over to that.

All of the apps with before sunrise/sunset offsets had an issue, including RM. The issue caused a failure on the first day after hitting Done, specifically for a before-sunrise offset when Done is hit after sunrise, or before-sunset offset when Done is hit after sunset. Once it gets past that first day, it works correctly. We're probably going to put out a hot fix for all of them.

I’ll vote for that. It’s raising havoc here. I use several negative sunset offset. Thanks for the attention to this.

Suppose this would explain why this RM and it's friend for sunset failed today.

Before it gets asked, yes I'm on .113:
13%20PM

Leave it alone and it will work tomorrow. If you hit Done it and it breaks it for tomorrow. We will get a fix out as soon as practical.

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't remember if I opened it to check to see everything was configured, and hit done, so it may not work tomorrow, but at least I will know the cause, and can leave it alone.