Simple Automations Not firing

Has anyone else had problems with Simple Automations App lately.

Automations I have had for months working fine have stopped. I thought it might be related to the recent update to 2.2.5.

I first went in to an automation and updated it, by adding an additional light to turn on with the others. That didn't restore it.
I then deleted the original automation, and replaced it with a new one - exactly the same but named it differently.
I rebooted the hub and created a 3rd version (having deleted the original and the 2nd before the reboot)
I have now uninstalled Simple Automations, rebooted and reinstalled Simple Automations and still not getting things to fire.

The one in particular is the daily time triggered event to Turn on my Porch lights and turn them off.

I am running out of ideas..

My devices are responding to Hubitat otherwise if I activate them through a dashboard, Alexa, button device or other method.

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

MK

( just had the thought - I am going to set up a similar automation in Rule Machine to ensure the scope is limited to Simple Automations.)

Not sure but this might be the cause of your issue.

i had an issue with a SA not firing. i went into it and resaved it and then it worked

Yes, In the past resaving has worked for too... but not this time.

More fun.. I set up a similar, and simple rule in RM. It won't fire on it's own either.

If I select 'Run Action's' The lights come on, but the delayed Off I set doesn't fire.

@jBrown I saw that too... I am on 2.2.5.126 as of this morning.

1 Like

is the hub time correct? hopefully that didn't get changed for whatever reason (just throwing out ideas here)

1 Like

Just ran a rule similar to yours and it worked for me.

@dadarkgtprince Yes date and time are correct on the hub.

I am trying a restore to 2.24.158 to see if that helps. Unfortunately, I don't have a good habit of saving my backups, so that was as far back as I could go.

Ok.. Progress... Rolling back to 2.24.158 did the trick and things are working again, but on RM and Simple Auto..

Now the debate do I update firmware again... or not... hmm... maybe I'll wait for a few more minor updates and try again.

Thanks for the assistance folks!

4 Likes

I experienced the exact same issue. Upgraded to 2.2.5 and several of my automations just stopped working. I deleted and recreated them since there wasn't too many and fairly simple.

Considering rolling back as well...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.