Simple automation rules doesn't work properly when controlling large number of devices

yes agreed i only see problems with devices on the edge of my mesh ie gate sensor, and outdoors lights with other devices at the same time.. i believe the device may have a long response time and then trigger a route change which in conjuction with other devices firing causes a delay or sometimes failure..

i'm seeing much the same issue. I have about a dozen inovelli dimmers/switches where I set the led color based on the mode. Its done in rule machine in one statement and I have been starting to see several of them fail setting the color randomly on the change

1 Like

Same here. When I update all my Inovelli switch LEDs at once, some often fail. It is odd how sometimes it works perfectly, and others it fails miserably. Most of the time, the end result is somewhere between those.

1 Like

I have 11 IKEA blinds controlled by HE. Made a rule to open them at sunrise and close them at sunset. It was hit and miss. Some would respond some days and some would respond other days. After a helpful user here suggested the radio was getting overloaded with commands, I made 4 rules, each opening or closing a particular set of blinds then a minute later another rule would run to open or close another set of blinds. That corrected the issue.

2 Likes

you could still do it in your one rule.. just put some delays between the devices.

The Ikea blinds are zigbee, you should be able to create a group of them with zigbee group messaging enabled, this will control them all at once.

2 Likes

Is this problem solved in the latest release? I add 300ms delay and sometimes I can still observe misses.

I'm still seeing this same issue sometimes with 2.2.6 and zwave. I've moved all my switches to a group, added metering with a 250ms delay, and still see hit and miss with some switches getting missed. It was more consistent with individual commands with a manual delay between commands

Same here.

And here

Are the devices missing commands S2 included?

Mine aren't.

Here are 3 of my devices which often have problems. There are others, but these are the most likely to miss commands.

Note that all 3 of these are within 10 feet of this:

@bruce4 one thing I would note is one of your devices in this list has a negative RSSI (weak signal).. You always want to try and have positive numbers

We also put additional driver debug logging in the internal drivers.. Can you turn on debugging for your problematic devices and the rule/scene/group and try and capture a failure in the log?

Yep, that's why I got the repeater and installed it about 4 feet from that device. I added it in January and the routing for the light (actually a Jasco wall switch) still hasn't adapted to the repeater. I've tried initiating Z-Wave repairs on it and that doesn't seem to change it.

can you screenshot your whole z-wave details page for me?

Device 1 from Family Room NE Dimmer didn't come on for several tries. Then, after a bit it came on.

@rob9 what driver is that?

That's the parent. The child is a generic component dimmer.