Simple Automation expected behaviour

I have a SA rule to turn lights off after a motion zone goes inactive plus 30 min, so when ever the zone goes inactive 30min later the lights go off even if the zone goes active again it this right, i assumed it would reset when the zone when active again

Please post logs. It should not turn them off if motion occurs again.

had to enable logs
mz goes inactive 6:27:25 and goe active again at 6:38 staying active till the logs disable

at 07:07:25 (exactly 30min it turns lights off

settings

its scheduled a off even though its going active and inactive

This isn't how it works. The test for motion becoming active again happens on the right side of the setup, not the left side -- on the anti-action.

If you are wanting a one-sided rule like you have, you'll have to use RM to get the behavior you want.

you lost me with left and right, all i want is when motion remains inactive for 30min turn off lights.

If you don't want to turn them on with the same rule, then use RM for this.

If you turn on a light with motion in SAR, and want them to stay on until 30 minutes after motion inactive, that works as you want. It's the one sided nature of your rule that won't work.

think i get it, it never refires or reschedules until condition is met, so it has to keep going inactive to keep rescheduling, it dosnt use state changed

edit, will motion lighting do it or same issue?

These apps are set up to control both on and off. The fact that you want a rule that only turns the light off is the source of the issue, You can do this with RM easily:

Trigger Event:  mZone-Kitchen zone changed
Actions:
   Wait for elapsed time 00:30:00
   If(mZone-Kitchen zone is inactive): lights off

What will happen with that is the Wait will get cancelled on each trigger of the rule, active and inactive, and the timer starts again. If, when the timer ends the zone is inactive, it must have been inactive for 30 minutes, so the lights will turn off then.