Showing more logs

When I go to the logs and click "Past logs" and then select a specific event trigger to view logs, it shows the last 6 logs with a "Show more..." link at the bottom. If I click the Show more link, the page changes back to the initial view of the past logs and I have to click the specific event trigger view again to actually see the updated logs display with only 3 more entries shown. This seems like a bug. Also, is there a setting somewhere to configure how many logs I would like returned when I click on a historical log view? 6 entries seems really small.

3 Likes

Reported a couple of times.

3 Likes

Well, shoot. I did a search before i posted and didn't see anything.

Good to have a reminder - this issue dropped off my radar.

2 Likes

How bout option to output to a syslog server?

2 Likes

I was digging around for this today. Apparently it's a feature that's been asked for for quite some time (saw some conversations going +back to 2018 I think). I'm quite surprised it's not a core capability already.

Some are using things like node-red to get at the information via a web socket. I'm not anxious to have a nodejs service up and running 24x7 for something like this. If I were going to roll my own I'd start by look at a simple shim to suck up the web socket output and feed it to a syslog server.