Show Off Your HA Hardware

Seems a bit self-indulgent to setup a thread like this, but I'm certainly not here to gloat...

Obviously I am looking for inspiration for those who have achieved a nice, tidy, well cable-managed setup, although equally, those who have ended up where I am ...

I have my own ideas on what I plan to do, but would love to see people exchange ideas and photos of their own setup.

Simon

2 Likes

omglol! Well for a start, to give myself space to think, i'd have the excess cableage (no, not cabbage) behind that unit or table or whatever it is, out of sight!

2 Likes

That’s a lot of devices. I just have my Hubitat, Hue bridge and an old laptop. I was heading in your direction on an end table but then I decided to add a shelf at the top of the basement stairs. Moved the cable modem to the basement ceiling right by the electrical panel and ran a 50ft Ethernet cable to the router (reasoning, I had ethernet cables and ends around but not coaxial long enough). The laptop may eventually get replaced by a RPi but it works for now.

1 Like

I keep everything in the garage on some shelves.

2 Likes

I have my devices with radio (Hubitat, Lutron, Hue) on the top shelf of my computer desk.

The rest are in the basement with the rest of my network gear.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Winner!

:smiley:

3 Likes

Older picture. It's changed a bit (improved)

2 Likes

Spot on @Inge_Jones, at least with my initial plans. For some time I have wanted to construct a wooden cabinet with all the nooks and crannies I want for running cables, ventilation, nicely finished with stain / lacquer, etc, both as a way to achieve what I want and an interesting project. But reality has sunk in and am thinking I will probably tidy up the cables and devices inside and on the back of the low-line entertainment unit.

My addiction has grown so quickly over only a few months, I really need to address the fire hazard behind my TV called Hubtown. Out of sight out of mind I guess. :fire_engine:

1 Like

Pretty much everything in the cabinet, but Hubitat hub, Caseta pro, and Hue are all more centralized on POE.

3 Likes

This is my setup in my Florida apartment.
Partial network gear are behind the shelf.

2 Likes

Download the Hubitat app