Show Off Your Dashboards!

It is, but it’s strictly a financial decision. It cost too much to have it hauled away and recycled. A while ago we were told to stop recycling glass, then more recently we were told only recycle #1 and #2 plastics. That eliminated much of my plastic recycling. They were still taking cans and cardboard/paper. Today is my last recycle curbside pickup for at least the next 4 years (4-year contract the hauler). I can still take my recycling to the county transfer site which is only a mile or two from my house. I’m not very confident of what the county will do with it, but it’s all that I can do.

Now back to Dashboards.

1 Like

There's just no market for recycled products except OCC (Old Corrugated Cardboard). Glass is actually a negative since it breaks and corrupts anything that is recyclable.

Well it took a lot more screwing around than I would of thought possible but the end result is:

Black Bin Samrtly'd Summary

smartly black

Green Bin Smartly'd Summary

smartly green

During install I named the @Cobra Bin Status Switch driver as Wednesday is:
since my pickup day is Wednesday.

Device name Summary

device name

Went with "Garbage" and "Organics" for the two status states.
Screwed around forever with icons, finally ended up at 80 pixels to fit in the tile with text. Gotta love Paint. Loaded them into Google Photos and tinyurled 'em.

Preferences Summary

Black icon Summary

00 black 80

Green icon Summary

0000 green 80

Didn't care for the HE dashboard display and frankly tired of screwing with things.

Black Bin HE Summary

he black

Green Bin HE Summary

he green

So instead of CSS fighting, ran it through the Smartly cruncher and ended up with all the boxes checked.
Thanks for all the help everyone.

3 Likes

Very nice!! I may have to "borrow" your icons if thats ok :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe add them as PNGs and lose the background? :smiley:
I converted them, not tried them as yet though
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-YUZLdb7UZBG4Ibr8EcMujPV1bDVxvlQ?usp=sharing

We have two on a certain day :wink:

3 Likes

@TechMedX, maybe we need Bins adding to the icon list :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good, but I'll have to make something less pixelated or @spelcheck will veto it. :rofl:

How this for a starting point?

greenrecycling bin

Follow changes, and post comments here

5 Likes

WOW Nice!!! :smiley: Can I also have a blue one lol. In the same icon :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

you wish is...your wish. :laughing:

Seriously though I think I'm going to put together a whole "bins pack". I'll do the double icon you need plus a single green/blue/black with/without recycle logo as both roller bins and carry style. That should cover most people, I think.

Follow changes on the icon thread. I have a few things to take care of first, but I feel a "blow of real work Friday" coming on.

3 Likes

Here's the dashboard we use for our mobile devices. There are about 150 devices so it made more sense to split them up some. Some area's are combined like the pantry, kitchen, and dining room into the kitchen to cut down on the number of dashboards. The cameras are in their respective dashboard since we get mobile alerts anyways and I don't need a single dashboard full of camera feeds all the time. Most of the devices are triggered off rules or voice commands. And all of this came about because no one in the house knew how to turn off a light and it was irritating me. Unless I come across something really cool, I'm pretty much done with setting everything up.

7 Likes

is the pihole just a off on switch or something else...

Love the Mr Sucky :joy::+1:

4 Likes

The Pi-Hole tile is custom driver to disable DNS Ad Blocking if there's some link someone needs to get to that is being filtered.

Pi-Hole also occasionally sends some stuff to the Hubitat hub about the number of queries blocked etc. It was converted to Hubitat by @cuboy29. https://community.hubitat.com/t/ported-over-pi-hole-on-off-toggle/3165

Pi-Hole is a DNS AD Blocker that runs on a Raspberry PI and this driver controls it. https://pi-hole.net/ It allows you to perform whole-home adblocking without needing to install anything on any of the devices in your house.

I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Yea, the kids named him lol.

2 Likes

It does I use Pihole as well was unaware of the integration thanks

1 Like

You're more than welcome, but it sounds like they're outdated now.
And after all my screwing around... :wink:

1 Like

You should have asked first. I'm happy to make them for anyone. Tell you what I'll give you one free (they are all free, but it sounds good, no? :laughing:) If you need an icon or image done up LMK here or the icon request thread. They do not HAVE to be for smartly if you can host and use them another way.

1 Like

I :heart: Mr. Sucky!

How did you get that icon in the tile?

@TechMedX iRobot Scheduler written by @aaron
https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-irobot-scheduler/22873

1 Like

This is nice.

The more simple clean looking the better.

2 Likes

Been toying with animate GIF backgrounds. The video is not super clear, so posting a still as well. Neither truly do it justice, but you get the idea. If anyone has a resource for high quality GIFs please LKM. This, and others like it, can be found at Living Stills: Archive (some cool stuff)