Show Off Your Dashboards!

If this were true should we ask Home Assistant, SharpTools and other dashes also not be shown off here?

This thread should be open to any and ALL solutions to a BIG problem on the HE platform. That way we can "Show Off" ALL the dashboard options to those who might want to use/switch to HE. Doing this allows the end users to pick what is the best solution for them. Segregating dashboard solutions into separate threads, looses that intent. IMO I would rather scroll past the ones I do not like, rather than hunting through multiple threads for something I "might" like.

If the OP, or community on a whole disagrees with me, I am happy to be wrong.

Smartly just came out, so sure there is a rush of people trying it out, and showing it off. I do not think that is good reason to request they not be shared here, in a thread designed to "Show Off Your Dashboards".

8 Likes

That's a good point tech, it won't always be a smartly party in here :partying_face: There is also an argument to be made that smartly dashes have more place here than many others simply because it uses the HE native dashboard instead of pictures of 3rd party solutions. Each of these dashes are different, regardless of how they were built. I'm getting blown away by how creative these are.

That being said, I'm leaning towards LET'S PARTY! :partying_face: :hugs: :cowboy_hat_face:

Edit: I too am going absolutely bonkers at home. WA announced shelter-in-place last night (which I had already been doing) but before it was nice outside, now it's raining and cold.

3 Likes

Great point! I didn't think about it in that way. I can admit when I am wrong. :grin:

6 Likes

I agree with one caveat. Posts should indicate WHICH dashboard implementation they are using so others know what to go look for. I've seen lots of cool stuff and then have to go search for how it was done.

Having a single thread for each dashboard TYPE would be easier? to know which system was being used to achieve the prettiness.

5 Likes

I was going to suggest breaking off to a separate thread also, until I read the OP of what this thread was to be about.

Still, clear identification if something is not using just out of the box tools would be appreciated, if not a separate thread.

4 Likes

Agreed!

This will not only help people looking at posts to identify something they may want to use, it will also give a shout out to the author of said solution. Both are equally good reasons to "document it".

A minute to say thank you to all the smartly users that did document it, and gave props to @spelcheck :bowing_man:

Now back to showing off dashboards!

My wife hates all things StarTrek, so I made a batteries dash just for her! :laughing: Using Smartly by @spelcheck

3 Likes

My wife would hate it too, now I MUST make one. I'll grab the LCARS color palette that you posted a while back and drop it into a colorTemplate JSON. A little custom padding and BOOM, my wife smothers me in my sleep. :zzz:

3 Likes

She shouldn't be able to smother you in your sleep if you set up some motion sensors and an alarm to monitor her.

9 Likes

My wife seems to have an uncanny knack for getting around my best laid automation and monitoring plans. I'm pretty sure I'd be found dead in my sleep the following morning.

3 Likes

What program did you use to design the background and how did you figure out how align position of graphic (like the top strip) with the widget location?
I'm also using DarkSky plugin, but I don't which widget did you use to show weather.
Dziekuje, Robert

Could you share how did you did you get the effect of the "Front" and "Living Room" divider?

I'm using EdrawMax 2 to design graphics.
Graphics location is a method of trial and error, I moved by millimeter and checked if it is good. I used (Attribute / condition_icon) to display the widget.

1 Like

Your hub will probably lock up during the night and your automation won't work anyway. Sods law :grinning:

1 Like

@joehuntley Your layout is AWESOME! How did you make all of those multi-tiles that you have? I'm most interested in your water leak tile, but i think they are all great.

1 Like

Thanks. I used @Cobra's Super Tile app with custom icons.

2 Likes

Very nice!

And I totally agree that Hubitat needs to step up their game when it comes to Dashboard and UI/UX.

Simon

1 Like

I think my dashboard is finally getting settled down, so I figured I'd post it now. I've done everything with the built-in Dashboard app, with some of the tiles customized using CSS. This is a currently fairly simple home security-focused implementation. I don't do much in the way of automation, since that runs into WAF issues. These dashboards are all displayed on my wall-mounted tablets.

The Weather/Extended Forecast dashboards end up having more content that requires scrolling, but that's for text forecasts that aren't needed that much. Mostly these things are used as single page dashboards.

Props to this community for all the ideas, and to @bptworld for Weather Dot Gov app that I'm using for my Weather/Forecasts dashboards.

I'm probably not done tweaking CSS, but that's just to fix things like the tile content being slightly off-center and removing the title from the Dashboard links on my main page.

9 Likes

The more I dig into HA dashboards the better it gets. Animated backgrounds are an awesome addition!

4 Likes

Is this home assistant?

Yes, with Hubitat being used as the back-end.