Show Off Your Dashboards!

I really appreciate how we are now able to password protect any individual tile and have it execute anything in RM when the tile password is entered.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your awesome Apps and ideas, Hubitat Community!
This is the Dashboard I run on my Echo Show:

8 Likes

Nice! How do you get the dashboard on an Echo show?!

Ask Alexa "open Silk". This is the browser. Type in the IP address of your Hubitat. Click on the Dashboard option to fill out the screen and done. Bookmark the page and now anytime I ask Alexa " Open Silk" it opens to this Dashboard.

1 Like

Very cool. I didn't know it had a browser. There's no way to make it stay on the browser though right?

Not that I am aware of unfortunately. But it is a handy option until I can mount a dedicated screen.

3 Likes

My main goal was one initial page and not having to do any scrolling. Still a work in progress but I have the icons figured out. Switch color for icon/text I set to fully transparent and put the labels into the icons I made. I wanted a tile that would ideally turn on the switch and then bring me to a dashboard for further control of devices in that room. The way I compromised and handled this was overlapping a clear dashboard tile covering the top 1/4 of the switch tile. So long as you don't press the top 1/4 of the tile it should just switch on. After I'm done with this mobile dashboard I will work on the mounted tablet.

1 Like

Very well done.

How did you get the mobile info - distance from home, moving, and battery level?

Life360?

Thanks, Simon

Yep, the 'MyTile' from the Life360 with States App. It's brilliant.

1 Like

@GrumpyTeddy That's awesome! I had no idea you could do that with the Show.

1 Like

Really nice man.
Very clean

My humble entry after just few days owning the awesome HE addiction hub :smiley:

4 Likes

All right, I'll get in on this...

Home Center
Each dashboard link opens the dashboard for the particular Area.

Example Area
Pause buttons allow me to pause automation in that area. I use a custom application to track occupancy of a room or area and the automation for that level of occupancy.

Api Driven Dashboards
I use FullyKiosk Api to manipulate dashboards based on events. Here's an example of the morning dashboard in the kitchen, which automatically shows up on the mounted tablet when the Mode becomes Morning. Details blurred to protect the guilty. Using the handy MyFrame to place iFrames on the dashboard, means that map is fully interactive.

7 Likes

Just snagged another Fire HD 8 to run my dashboards on Fully Kiosk. QVC has them for $49.98, with $10 off at checkout for new customers. Comes with a 32GB card, too, I think.

https://www.qvc.com/Amazon-Fire-8"-HD-Wi-Fi-Tablet-Quad-Core-w-32GB-SD-Card-%26-App-Pack.product.E233401.html

I tried to make my Dashboard look kinda like a mobile app for phones, since my wife's main way of turning things off is an app for some reason.

3 Likes

love your background. It's blending so well with the dark sky and lux tiles.
How do you make the month/date tile?

Thank You :grinning:
For the Date and Time, I simply added a new tile using the Date template.

Anyone have issues adjusting columns/rows on an existing dashboard? I was rearranging some dashboards and when I reduce the columns from 4 to 3 nothing happens. Same issue with rows I cannot reduce the number of rows. I can however increase the grid without issues. I currently have auto resize on for the grid. I had an empty column and it still did not resize the tiles when on auto resize.

Which firmware release are you on?