Should it take 20 seconds to activate this scene?

Hey there,
On mode change I have this scene set to turn on, but should it take 20 seconds for it all to activate ?

*from looking at this its also firing somethings twice (front bathroom light switch 4:42:06 & 4:42:07)

If you use CoCoHue, you can create the scene in Hue and import it to HE. Then you will only be sending one command for the Hue devices. The YeeLights don’t have group messaging, so everything will happen one at a time. I can turn off all of my downstairs lights (over 40 lights) in about 1.5 seconds. It’s a mix of zigbee switches, dimmers, outlets, and Sylvania bulbs, plus Hue Lights.

should i be using groups instead of scenes maybe ?
or selecting the bulbs instead of groups/scenes ?

I would try making two groups; one yeelights and one Hue. Then add 0.2 second delay between the two and see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Can you give some more information here?.. What kinds of devices are these? How do they connect to the hub? What is triggering this scene and how?

A little info.. I have very large sets of bulb transformations that happen on my hub on sunset/sunrise and good morning/good night routines and this is all very quick for me..

Tip for the future...

It looks like this thread died off because a suggestion was made and no response after that .. The community rightly assumed this fixed your issue..

This community is wonderful at helping.. But we have to know you are still having problems..

3 Likes

Hey @bcopeland,
front bathroom lights are a group of 2 yeelights
hallway lights are a group of 3 hue bulbs on a hue bridge
bedroom lights are a group of 2 yeelights
four livingroom lights are a group of 4 hue bulbs on a hue hub
two living room lights are a group of 2 yeelights
two kitchen lights are a group of 2 hue bulbs on a hue hub
hue y bathroom is a single bulb group of a yeelight

The scene trigger is a mode change.

I didnt reply as all my bulbs are in groups - so I took it to PM support with bobby 10 days ago.

All of these lights react instantly if toggled manually, and this 20 second delay was after the hub had been up for 9 days. Restarting the hub the shutdown happens within 2 seconds.

Ahh.. Ok .. That helps.. So it acts as it should after a reboot?

@stevebott123 @bcopeland @bobbyD

I'm no programmer, but in general, I suspect that figuring out what underlies a slowdown that takes nine days to manifest itself is much more difficult than a slowdown that manifests itself within a few hours.

Not saying that the issue you've found with your HE shouldn't be solved, but its underlying cause may be the general memory leak(s) that Hubitat has been identifying/fixing over the last couple hub updates. In which case, the best anyone can do is advocate patience until every memory leak is found ......

turns everything off within 2 seconds

Yep - agreed.
Just messaged bobby to ask if there are any typical things to look at / he can advise for me to try unless I am just in that slow down boat with the others.

1 Like

Cool.. So my next question is what if any community software / drivers are you running?... And do you have any constantly firing RM rules that could be getting backed up?

Every time I have had a slow down .. I have been able to trace the source down..

I never reboot my hub.. Only for hub updates or when I really mess something up

these are the apps that I am currently running

Amazon Echo
Average luminance
Button Controller
Combined presence - community
Groups and Scenes
Hubitat Dashboards
HSM
Simple Lighting
Hue Bridge
Kasa Tools - disabled
Average Temperature
Marker API
Mode Manager
Motion Lighting
Notifications
Rue Machine
Sensibo Integration - community
Sonos Integration
Super Tile - community
TP-Link - disabled
Wemo Connect - disabled
Yeelight integration
Zone Motion Controller

:point_up_2: :question:
Also.. in the original post.. what were the log entries you crossed out? .. One of them looked like a warning..

That looks like the warn that the built in false motion reduction (zone motion controller) displays in the log.

Yep - what @Ken_Fraleigh said.
Its a false positive for zone motion, so I crossed it out not to confuse people.
I'd need to VPN into my home machine to pull out screenshots of each of my rules / do that tonight - I will.

3 Likes