Should I create a separate account for a hub that I will admin but is not in my house?

I've been a long time Hubitat user with two hubs (though one not really used yet). I am about to start helping a friend who has ALS by implementing some home automation for them. I will be the primary admin on the device and will definitely setup remote admin because they live about 2 hours away.

Should I set up a separate Hubitat account for their hub or just add the new hub into my account?
Can I have hubs in my account be on different networks?
Can I set up two accounts with the same email?

Any other advantages or disadvantages I should be thinking of?

Thanks - though I've had plenty of fun with my own home automation, this has potential to seriously improve the quality of life for someone, at least for a little while.

Someone here (apologies cannot remember who) creates a gmail (or equivalent) account for each property and uses that address for everything including other automation related services (Amazon etc - I think). Makes transferring the system after selling the house makes it a whole lot simpler. Always thought it was a great idea. Have not done this yet myself though...

Downside with separate accounts all the HE services like remote access are separate. That might not really be such a bad thing though.. you don't want to get stuck with the bill if you can help it.

2 Likes
1 Like

I thought it was you but wasn't sure - my search was weak. Thanks again for the idea.

1 Like

The pony has an account, too.

2 Likes

:rofl: :carousel_horse:

2 Likes

Thanks - interesting idea.
Side note: When you sell a place you are thinking the hubitat goes with? I guess I thought that I'd leave anything built in like zwave wall switches, but likely take the hub and any hue bulbs with me. I know the user community is growing, but the odds of the buyer being someone familiar or willing to learn HE seems very small.

Yes. It’s not that expensive to get a new hub.

But the pony does not stay with the house.

1 Like