Shelly WiFi Switch Problem

I have 3 shelly switches running great with stock driver until this morning

One of them did something strange, it missed an OFF event. the weird thing is that the parent shows the event but the child does not? And I could not operate it with the dashboard tile today either. When I got home i went to the device page and refreshed and it seems to be fine now. Just updated to .147 so I will see what happens tomorrow morning when it should turn off.

What might cause this?

my shellys used to go wild when there was a firmware update available, and after applying the update it went back to normal. Go to the switch's IP address and check for updates

1 Like

Stock driver as in my driver, which is the original driver, or the built-in HE driver?

1 Like

Built in driver, never had these problems with your driver. I switched because of Google home errors a little while back.

The HE driver has your name in too, just noticed that.

Huh?, I'm not following, who's name is shown where and in what driver?

HE's shelly driver code was never published publicly, Evilborg helped us with some initial testing of our clean slate driver.

2 Likes

I had the 3 devices using Scotts stock driver for a while, then had some google home errors you and scott helped troubleshoot in another thread. So i switched to the HE drivers, yours created a child switch for the relay. See below

Sure, just switching drivers isn't going to clean out any existing state data.
For this type of device one really should create a new instance using the new driver, then switch that out in your apps.

2 Likes

Ok, cool so just leftover data from the other driver. Thanks.

Do you think that may have something to do with the missed event? The other 2 are still working fine. This one hasnt messed up again but its only had one more OFF event since missing that one

1 Like

Probably not, events do go missing from time to time, no matter the device used, it should be rare, but it happens.

2 Likes

As Mike said it shouldn't. I looked at the last bit of code I got from Mike and there is no reference to any state variables being used so that is a definite no.

Also to keep it straight we should call the HE Shelly driver a core driver instead of a stock driver because in all reality my drivers came way before the HE drivers did :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps built-in driver? For consistency with built-in apps etc.

3 Likes

That is what I have been trying to call the Hubitat supplied drivers. There are so many variants of some drivers it is hard to keep track of them.

1 Like

i am on 2.2.3.148 tried the built in driver and this one

• See all the Shelly Products at https://shelly.cloud/
  • Supported devices are:
  • 1/1PM/2/2.5/EM/Plug/PlugS/4Pro/EM3/SHPLG-U1
  • Changes:
  • 3.0.6 - Added VoltageMeasurement for the 4Pro input voltage
  •    -

it is a shelly 1 running on 12 v.. (what a bitch changing that jumper,, ruined one trying)

i have it setup as just toggle with 2 sec timer off time in the phone app..

both work fine.. i hear the relay click on and then off.. and i verified with a multimeter..

but neither driver shows any event on/off in the device events (and this is triggering with the device page)
nothing in logs either.

ie

interestingly if i get rid of the timer in the app to auto turn off. then i do get the on/off event in the logs.. and event history. kind of counter intuitive..

so for now so i can check event history i have removed the auto turn off and added a rule machine rule to turn off. any idea if this is fixed in 2.2.4

I have 2 shelly 1s and they arent updating their state in HE and on dashboard.

Refresh works but this is a pain, any ideas?
I am running 2.2.6.140

Hi

HE naitive driver yes

Same network yes

VLAN?

Yes I mean the 'Shelly WiFi Switch' driver provided by HE and no a custom driver.
And thanks for the advice, as checking the Output Switched fields identified the wrong IP address for the HE.

All sorted :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.