Shelly RGBW2 Native Driver required for new HomeKit Integration

Hello,

I think we need a native driver for Shelly RGBW2 and possibly other devices since the new HomeKit Integration only supports native drivers.

I am trying to add my lights to homekit and i cannot do that because the Shelly RGBW White driver , which works with the RGBW2 controller set to white mode, does not support Generic Component Dimmer as a child device.

Basically when i add the device which is set to White mode, it should create 4 child devices for CH0, CH1, CH2, CH3. HomeKit support Generic Component Dimmer and it works with Shelly Dimmer2.
RGB control is also not available even though for the RGB light strip the child device is there.

WORKARROUND

I may have found a possible solution for this.
Install Shelly RGBW White Custom Driver.
Install Device Mirror Plus .
Create a virtual dimmer device and set it as parrent device.
Set the Shelly device as child device and reverse attributes on.
Most important: DISABLE the unused channels.

Voila! The virtual dimmer added to HomeKit Integration can now control the white led strip.

We still need a permanent/regular solution for all the shelly devices... my place is 100% shelly and I'd love to stop using the other homekit integration equipments...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.