Shelly products

@mike.maxwell, If you take the decision to look at the refresh issue, can you consider to add the reboot function?
Sometimes, I don't no why, some shelly's become slow, after a reboot it is working well again.
Today I have a rule that is rebooting every night some shelly's by sending a HTTP request (ex. Send GET to: http://login:password@192.168.178.143/reboot). It would be easier if the reboot is supported in the driver to use it in a rule using "Run Custom Action"

So not all Shelly switches are supported? I have Shelly-one and in backorder are 3x Shelly-2, fingers crossed to use them for roller Up/Down :slight_smile:. Where can I find which Shelly switches have native support? I assume a Shelly Plug is inside the same a Shelly Switch, not....
In the Netherlands (Europe) a lot of native supported devices are not for sale, or expensive. Shelly products are a great alternative. Thanks for the reboot option, I try to use that.

my understanding is all relay's and plug's are supported (not sure for SHELLY 4PRO), so the Shelly 2.5 is supported but only in the ON/OFF mode, NOT in the roller shutter mode. I use the old driver (not available/no support anymore) for my roller shutters.
Contacting me for the OLD driver is pointless because the terms and conditions of the software do not allow me to share the driver.

Just a reminder, this is a public forum, please treat everyone with respect and remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a postโ€™s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, offer reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

https://community.hubitat.com/faq

7 Likes

All, I use this rule for: if someone has turn ON the Shelly AND there is movement the shelly stays ON. If there is no movement anymore the Shelly turns off after X min.
The reason:

• There is no need for switching the light always ON when there is movement.
  • The light has to switch off after X time when there is no movement

Setup of the hardware

• Shelly: I use the auto OFF timer in the Shelly, when the shelly receives the "turn=on", the timer is starting again
  • Sensor: It is resetting every 1 min, so if there is motion, every 1 min is motion detected

Is there an other way to do this keeping everything in the Hubitat (not using the Shelly timer or sending every min when there is motion a POST to the shelly?

Thx for the help, but this is not what I need. In your rule the light switch ON automatic (when it is dark). I never want to switch it ON automatic. I always switch it ON by hand. It has to turn OFF automatic EXCEPT when there is movement.
But this issue is not really Shelly related, so please do NOT answer, I will repost it in another topic.

@mike.maxwell, almost afraid to ask :pensive:, Is this issue still on the radar? On every update I hope it will be solved :sleepy:, If the status of the device is not the same as in the hub a refresh does not correct the status. Saving the "Preferences" in the parent device is forcing an update of the status, the refresh button doesn't. --> UPDATE: Fixed in Hubitat Elevation Platform update 2.2.4

Hello, my Hubitat is not creating the child device and I can't figure it why.

I have 2xShelly 2.5 installed on my house, both are connected to my home's wifi and i can enter and use them using their ip on the browse.
Both have user and pass and i set them as switch not shutter (as a post said the child's device is only created as switch). However when I configure them on Hubitat the device child is not created...anyone can help me out please?

Thanks,

Try disabling the login on the shelly and the driver...

Thanks for ur answer,
I removed password from shelly and readded the device manually on Hubitat and still same issue...no child device.
More information both shelly's have lastest firmware and hubitat is running 2.2.0.130
MQTT is off.

It seems like the hub isn't able to communicate with the shelly, the driver needs to get a response from the device in order to figure out what type of and how many children to create...
With debug logging enabled, is there anything in the live logs when you click save preferences in the driver?

Thanks for ur answer.
Nothing shows on the live logs:

I have a router (192.168.1.1), but I have a Mesh Wifi system (192.168.5.x), Could it be some kind of problem for using a Mesh Wifi?

@mike.maxwell I changed one og the shellys to the router wifi (not the Mesh one) and it created the child device as you said.
Logs:

Do you know what are the errors on the logs?

Now i'm confused why the shelly is not working properly when connected to the Mesh Wifi but it works on the router one.
I have average knowledges about Networks, so I would be happy if anyone could help me.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I think this is something Shelly related, if you search in the Shelly support group on FB you will find some posts about mesh networks

Hello, I have shelly roller, where will be supported by hubitat to use it?

Lot of thanks

1 Like

Would be nice if we can setup our Shelly 2.5 as a Shutter roller instead of a switch, so we can easly use a Tile on the Dahsboard.

1 Like

Hallo anon61068208,
I bought a Hubitat and I have many Shelly's at home. Can you please help me to get the drivers for Shelly devices?
Thank you

Hi, the developer has stopped supporting those Shelly drivers. The good news is you can use the official build in drivers, they support the shelly 1, 1PM, 2.5 as a switch and also the dimmer is supported

Hello,
thanks for the help. Whats about the Shelly plug S?

Looks like it is not supported.