Shelly GU10 Bulb - RGBW Driver Issues

try the RGBW2 driver;-), I have the DUO RGWB E27, it works....

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot.

Ok, I see what you mean, in this driver, there is warm, soft and white, but is is done by the color part, not by the white part....(DUO)

Nope... dreading having to climb the ladder to reach the fan

1 Like

But you do have the RGBW GU10 Bulb right??

1 Like

Yes that is the bulb I have. I have 8 installed and working other than color temp/color mode.

1 Like

I'll try to get the nerve up and climb the ladder tonight and change out my fan lights

1 Like

Ok got my GU10 bulbs installed and will be working on the code to support them tomorrow.

1 Like

Ok got my bulbs in and running using the Shelly Bulb driver. Can you explain in detail what isn't working that should be?

@Evilborg Starting with the bulbs in color mode, I am unable to change the bulbs to color temperature mode, ie they stay colormode, even when I try to save preferences such that it is in white mode.
If I start with the bulbs in a white range (from
Shelly app), I can adjust white as expected and change to rgb, but am then stuck again. This is more or less the same as I had with the stock driver as well.
I have these installed in porch light fixtures, and am hoping to achieve the following, allow them to stay in a color mode, to blend with holiday lighting, if motion is detected switch to white/100% brightness, and then after a delay with no motion, reset to original color value.

Are we not talking about a new product/driver?

1. Shelly Bulb
  2. Shelly Vintage
  3. Shelly Duo
  4. Shelly Bulb RGBW --> New

The issue is we cannot switch between modes (from color mode back to white mode)

Google used a "combinded" mode where the first 8 colors are in the "Warm/cold white mode" and the rest of the colors is "Color mode"

Home Assistant solved it with 2 modes

Homey has used the "2 modes" to

I'll probably call it Shelly GU10

Ok

If you mean control the bulb via GH? If so that will never be supported... I have never supported GH.

Edit: to clarify GH is junk -- they have the worse integration for HA.

1 Like

Ok fixed the color mode switching -- is that all that needs to be done?

@Evilborg To the best of my knowledge, yes. I will test more thoroughly with new driver.

Ok its a new driver -- I'll post again when I have it uploaded into the git repo

1 Like

Ok try the new code now

I installed this driver and replaced the driver I had…when I am in colormode it still doesn’t seem to switch back to white mode. All the whites seem the same… is there a way to allow color temperature input?

I am expecting that if I have a color selected, and then select warm white the bulb should turn warm white… is that incorrect? Do I need to re-initialize the driver somehow?

White mode only does white colours -- same with colour mode.

warm white only works in white mode -- if you are color mode then you need to use the RGB color wheel to get as close to warm white.

Cool White - Warm White and White only work in white mode.

Color mode is used to set any color from the RGBW colour wheel.

You can't have both because Shelly developers don't think like end users.

1 Like