Sharptools still appears in logs, even after deletion

For one of my devices (rooted Wink Relay), I am still getting Sharptools events, even though I have removed all traces of Sharptools from Hubitat.

Any ideas?

Can you clarify what you mean by you are getting SharpTools events?

And can you clarify what you mean 'for one of my devices'? Keep in mind that the Wink Relay integration uses the sharptools-io namespace. I developed it in my personal time, but kept it in that namespace for simplicity in managing things.

Sure.

Not sure what it means.

Thanks for the screenshot! Yeah, those don't have anything to do with the SharpTools.io dashboard and rule engine. :slight_smile:

The Wink Relay integration, including the SSDP namespacing was kept under sharptools-io. So when the Wink Relay integration runs its periodic discovery, the search for devices is done in that namespace.

Gotcha. Thanks!
Odd that "periodic discovery" is every 5 minutes....

It's an ease of use thing. Some people forget to set static IP addresses for the devices and when the device is created the DNI is based on the network address. So if the device is grabbing an IP address via DHCP, the network address might change the next go around and now the DNI is invalid and the Hubitat integration starts bombing out.

The SSDP discovery process can find the Wink Relay devices on the network via a broadcast... so even if their IP address changes, it can figure out the internal device IDs and update the DNI in Hubitat accordingly to keep things in sync and working.

Searching for that event value urn:sharptools-io:device:WinkRelay:1 in the community search would land you on the following result which explains the process and how you can disable it if you'd like: :smiley:

Thanks again!

1 Like