SharpTools.io on Amazon Echo Show

I have been fooling around with the new color functionality @josh just announced and wondered if I could make that work on Echo Show. I expect someone has already done this but didn't find anything searching so here goes>

5 Likes

That's awesome - thanks for sharing!

Glad to see you are enjoying some of the newly added SharpTools.io icons as well. If you have any specific icon requests, feel free to send them my way. :smiley:

2 Likes

Not to thread hijack...

But is there dual custom icon support yet? I like the new garage door icons, but if I can't animate it open/close it isn't much use to me.

As far as I can tell you can still only specify a single custom icon?

Not as a user specified override - it's on the hit list.

That being said, what kind of device is it that's authorized? If it implements the GarageDoorControl or DoorControl capability, then the default icon shows an open / closed garage door icon based on the state of the door attribute.

A few other capabilities do this by default as well (locks, presence, etc).

1 Like

The default garage door icon works fine for me. I just thought the new ones looked neat. :slight_smile:

It is really for a few other devices that I could use the icon pairing capability. Not the end of the world, though!

Example - my alarm sensors from Konnected all come in as contact sensors. I want them to look like doors/windows, but still would like an open/close animation. 1st world problems. lol.

1 Like

I don't know if this is a common request, but I'd definitely pay to have Sharptools running locally on a docker container on one of my Pi's.

2 Likes

He's definitely heard it a few times before. :smile:

Of course as soon as he does that, everyone will likely just steal it and install it without paying. :frowning:

Last I asked, he didn't say "no", just that it would take a lot of rearchitecting on the back end.