Setting up virtual switch/thermostat to control the AC via Alexa

For others reading this, the OP had another thread that began this conversation. Remotec zxt-600 - nothing seems to work - #12 by yanivsh23

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the virtual device thing, I am not sure you are to the point where you need to use that method. Please disregard I mentioned that, I think that is just adding confusion for now. Again, that virtual device "hack" is helpful if you want more complexity than Alexa can offer. Something like turn on fan, and cooling mode, and maybe even a temperature at the same time with one unique voice command.

So can you describe what comes over to Alexa if you add the ZXT device? Did you click the option to "use all thermostat setpoints" in the Hubitat options for Alexa?

Again, there is no ON command, most thermostats don't work that way. Cooling, Heat, Auto are the equivalent to ON if you select one of those modes. Or at least it should work that way. Didn't you say in the other thread that these modes did turn on the unit when you select them?

3 Likes