Setting up for first time connection using Tenda Nova node

Hi.

I am brand new to Hubitat, as in my hub is still in the box :joy: but I’m wondering if I am able to set up for the first time by connecting to one of my home wifi mesh nodes, instead of into my ISP router?

I’m probably going to be posting a lot of questions in future, as like I said, I am brand new to this, but extremely excited at the same time, so any help will be greatly appreciated :blush:

Thanks,
Ben

You will need a splitter and a wifi adapter to do so...

Sorry, I didn’t make that clear, I would still be connecting with an Ethernet cable, as the nodes have a couple each, I just didn’t know if this would make any difference as they’re not my main ISP router, and these are positioned around the house at various points and one has a USB power port next to it so wouldn’t need to take up a plug socket either

Oh sorry I misunderstood. As long as it has a network connection you're good. Make sure you do the platform update, (settings>>check for updates) and then do the z-wave firmware update for the z-wave details page.

Then take a look at this thread to help avoid some gotchas. Welcome to hubitat!!

Awesome!! Thank you.

I’ve had Echo’s for years, but wanting to expand on the capabilities and build up a nice catalogue of smart tech.

I’ve been looking at the community page for a couple of weeks, whilst waiting for the hub to arrive, and it seems a really good group of people, all wanting to help each other out in whatever way they can :+1:t2:

1 Like

I just dumped all my echos for Homepod minis (and one homepod) Just waiting for the devs to finish tts for it...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.