setColorTemp

Hi there

Trying to set the color temp of a light and it’s giving me grief ..

Problem is this ... I’m setting the level in the line before or after the it.setColorTemperature () and when I set the temperature the commanded level is overridden and the light appears to revert to the level the light was at .... it’s a little odd and suspect I am applying the command incorrectly.... am thinking the setcolortemp process asserts the current level and in doing so subverts my new level command .... thoughts ?

If the light is off then the set color temp command will turn the light on and depending on how the device handles the dimming duration the driver might turn it on by setting the level to its last value.

Delaying the setcolortemp command long enough for the level or switch state to change should prevent the setcolortemp command from turning the light on and solve the problem.

That being said, I usually set the color temp before changing the level, which still requires a delay between them, but I personally think having it turn on with the correct color temp and then dim afterwards isn't as noticeable as having the color temp change afterwards.

What device are you using?

Yea that makes sense , figured it was something like that but wanted to be sure

It’s a sengled led strip of which I have 3 now and like ...

Anyhow I’ll pump a wait statement in there ...

Have been thinking about the temp / color and I see what your saying about transition .... am with you, the color change should be smooth and not jarring ... considering writing an app that does it by device or group of devices and transitions the color from one to another .... would take the “jarring” out of it, allow consistent application across all lights all the time and simplify the other light routines but it could also become a little intrusive ( color police ) .... I do like the idea of separating color from on/off/level activity though ....

A sure when I get my first app finished I’ll move on to that ....

My response was based on the assumption it was a z-wave device, but adding a delay will most likely solve the issue for zigbee and WiFi devices too...

I'd probably start with 5 seconds and if that doesn't fix it then the problem is probably something else...

Damn I was thinking 2 lol

1-2 will probably work, I was just saying that if it still fails at 5 thrn that's not the problem.

Thank man appreciated