Seperate CO and Smoke Alerts

Is there anyway to have separate notifications for smoke and CO? I want to be be able to know when I receive a notification which devices are the cause. I do not see any way in these options.

You can include the device name in your text by using %device%, which will be automatically converted to the "triggering" device name. It sounds like that may get you wha you want:

You can't get separate alerts for smoke vs. CO from HSM, it appears, though if that's all you want, you could use the Notifications app or a rule to send whatever text you may want (but you won't get the HSM alert status or the ability to arm/dismarm this monitoring, at least not without more work).

Yeah I forgot about the %device% option, that would help. But there really should be an option for separate notifications for CO and Smoke, since they are two different safety alarms.

Use a temp sensor,
HE says" Smoke alarm went off, house temp is 275 degrees" = fire
Seriously tho, we really should have distinct notifications. I'm guessing z-wave is using a generic "alarm" or "notification" when the detector is activated. So I don't think it's the HE hub. <--wrong
@bcopeland would know for sure

There are separate notifications

1 Like

When I go to Smoke and CO I only see one option for text notification, there are not two separate fields for both smoke and CO, unless I am missing something...
Smoke and CO are grouped under the same category in HSM with a single notification type for both audio, text, etc.

Ahhh.. Mobile notifications.. You can use %value% in the text

3 Likes

Okay, that is what I was thinking for a work around. Thanks.

1 Like

I use first alert Smoke/CO Detector, so the %device% doesn't work for me, I had to make a rule in RM for this, this should be added in HSM.

I just use a custom HSM rule for CO alerts. Main reason is so I can trigger different alarm sounds on my Aeotec Sirens (via virtual switches and a rule machine layer). However, I also have custom text alerts set as "%device% has detected carbon monoxide at %time%"

2 Likes