Sensors are displaying the wrong status

Hi,
I’m new to Hubitat,
I have 3 doors/windows zwave sensors but the are showing the wrong status on the app. Sometimes I get open status and the door is closed.
Any recommendations?

Many dw sensors do not allow large gaps between the magnet and sensor. You may have a borderline gap which isn't giving consistent results. If you have a magnet laying around try activating the sensor while you observe the device page on a tablet. If you have a metal door or metal door frame that can also be a problem.

Welcome to the group....and Hubitat

1 Like

Never had this issue with wink. Thanks!

What brand of sensors are these?

GoControl

Do you have any mains-powered Z-Wave devices, like light switches installed and paired to Hubitat? Building a solid Z-Wave mesh requires some devices that act as repeaters. Battery powered devices do not act as repeaters.

Be sure to read this article

Welcome to Hubitat!

2 Likes

I’m testing the system first so I can move everything from wink to the Hubitat.
So far on the hubitat I have 3 door/window sensor zwave.
1 IKEA light bulb, I’m running the 2 hubs at the same time.

You're probably going to need to move some mains-powered Z-Wave devices over to Hubitat before your Z-Wave mesh will be strong enough for the sensors to reliably report status changes.

The IKEA light bulb is Zigbee, not Z-Wave. So it won't help/hurt the Z-Wave GoControl Door/Window sensors.

1 Like

I’m going to move some the light switches today and see what happens.

1 Like

So I added some light switches today. One inovelli and a gocontrol. Sensors are showing the wrong status. Any suggestions?

Do a zwave repair.

Edit - I think you've gone about this the wrong way. If it were me, I would have first built the semblance of a solid zwave network with line-powered devices that function as repeaters. And only then added battery-powered devices. Now that you've added a couple line-powered devices, I would recommend unpairing the contact sensors, doing a zwave repair, and then re-pairing the contact sensors.

I also recommend to read the following article in the Hubitat docs.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

It is really solid advice on how to achieve the best result

1 Like

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like