Sensibo

Hey folks,
Would like to integrate my Sensibo Sky into HE. Read through some threads, not a real coder, and am wondering:
Is there a driver for Sensibo integration into HE?

Is there a way for an average mortal to make HE work with Sensibo and how?
This is especially true with if Sensibo is set for a/c in one zone and heat in another on the same compressor. The compressor can only provide heat or cooling, but not simultaneously.
I need a way to have one action in a zone reverse or contain the action in another zone on the same compressor. Thanks

2 Likes

Have you seen the Sensibo integration in this thread:

Also tagging @Angus_M - he uses it for sure.

Yes, there's a community driver and it works quite well but does need cloud connection. Use the forum search, you will find it. Not sure about your specific requirement tho. I just use my AC units for cooling and don't have zones etc.

Good luck!

Ha, you beat me to it. Was just about to repost the link too.

1 Like

Just a note, that when you get more into it, you will find you can use the Custom Action, Actuator method to control some fine details of your devices. I use this to set the swing setting in my bedroom AC unit. So first I switch it on and set the temperature required, can etc. Then I issue the custom action to control the swing mode. Maybe you can get to the specific setting you want in a similar way. Certainly Rule Machine is incredibly powerful and can support some very detailed use cases.

Yes, I saw it. I backed away from it because it looked as though it was including Samsung's Smart Thing, which I do not have. So I went looking, am I incorrect on this?

I should let @Angus_M answer. But I don't think it requires ST.

No SmartThings required. Just install the app by copy/pasting the code from the post in the thread into a new user app. Then go into the Sensibo website and at the bottom of their home page (if I recall properly) you can set up/log into an account for your devices and get a key. Then use that key back in the Hubitat Sensibo app to connect across to your Sensibo account. Then it will find your Sensibo devices (including across multiple properties if you have them set up, which is very cool). It should create a device for each of your Sensibo Sky controllers. Then from within Rule Machine you can access them using the Custom Action option, and then choose Actuator. This way you can literally control really everything on your AC unit. It sounds complicated but is really not too bad to set up and works very well (quite quick most of the time despite using the Cloud).

Hi @Angus_M, I noticed that there is an App code and DTH code. Do I copy paste both into the app code utility in HE? Sorry, still relatively new to HE and getting my feet wet. Thanks

No. The app code goes in the "Apps Code" area as a new app.

DTH stands for "device type handler" and is the SmartThings term for driver. So the DTH goes in the "Drivers Code" area as a new driver.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, sorry only just saw the post. @aaiyar's guidance is spot on, as always :smiley:

Take a look through the hub documentation. It explains how to install custom apps and drivers, and more.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php

Hi Im having the same issues as you describe. Where is in the code that key needed to be inserted?

1 Like

Any updates to this? I copy the App code from about (on the ST forums) then I keep getting an API error when I try to install the user app. I know my API, but don't know where to enter it.

I'm having trouble with this. Following the link and indications above when I try to save the driver code, I start getting import errors about HTTPBuilder not allowed, RESTClient not allowed, and I stopped commenting things out at that point because clearly I've got something assed up, or the directions are wrong.

Can anyone make a suggestion? Thanks.

Make sure it's not app code you are trying to save into driver code?

My Sensibo integration has stopped working for some reason and I'm getting this error:

"Pod Office AC: Pod Office AC FAILED to set the AC State"

dev:652021-06-29 08:55:41.872 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_joyfulhouse_SensiboPod_397.generateEvent() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[temperature:24.3, humidity:55, targetTemperature:null, fanLevel:null, ...]] Possible solutions: generateModeEvent(java.lang.Object) (generateEvent)

I'm also getting the "Pod Office AC: Pod Office AC FAILED to set the AC State" on my C3 as well.

Any ideas?

I'm struggling to find a forum dedicated to sensibo integration. Am I just not searching hard enough. Seems very limited posts on it here for hubitat.

I'm using the broadlink integration and associated hvac control by @cybrmage (left the forum) and while it works well for my my split systems the development and support has stopped. My new system doesn't have a profile for the ir commands.. So I've looked at sensibo but I'm just not convinced the expense will see any benefit for me.. I'd be happy to spend the money on 5x units if need be. But I just don't see enough evidence in here to justify me switching over..??

I have 9 Sensibo AC controllers across 2 properties and they are all working fine with HE.

1 Like

Any links of the integration into hubitat? I assume the main thing is that the device is shown in hubitat as a hvac device. Then that means it works in Google home as a result? Just like the broadlink integration?

With broadlink hvac I have a SmartThings multi sensor on the system that gives the temperature of the outlet of the ac. This also helps to determine the current mode of the ac, plus it also detects when the ac is turned on by the remote. Is this something sensibo also includes?

I'm so new at looking into this that I'm not sure what differences it will be to my broadlink integration. The first bonus I see if that my new ac unit is likely to work with Sensibo so maybe I start there.. The downside is the cost obviously.. I'm open to trying. Just not much info out there with integration into hubitat. Or maybe I'm just not looking well enough.

Edit: What I do wish for is a calibration of room temp to ac control temp. So that way if I set 22 degrees in hubitat, that it sends the ir temp command that gives 22 degrees in the room temp (so offset/corrected).. Perhaps I could modify this in rule machine by creating virtual hvac devices that control the broadlink hvac devices with an offset.. That way the user only sees the right temp.. Im assuming this would need to be the same for sensibo?