Sengled Zigbee Color LED bulbs not pairing completely

I have the C-7 hub running the latest Firmware 2.3.0.124. I just purchased two 2-packs (4 bulbs total) of the Sengled Zigbee Smart LED light bulbs (Model E21-N1EA). The hub will detect them and pair them using the Sengled Element Color Plus driver but it seems the pairing is not completed. If I am quick to save the device as soon as Hubitat will let me, then I can control the bulb. However within 10-20 seconds after the device has been paired, the bulb flashes the multi-colored sequence that is indicative of the bulb being in pairing mode. At this point I lose all control of the bulb and Hubitat no longer receives updates. If I remove power from the bulb for a few seconds and turn it on, it flashes the multi-colored sequence. I have tried resetting the bulbs and have also tried pairing it going through and selecting a generic driver from the start but the same thing happens.

I have other Sengled light bulbs with no problem. I realized I had an older version of this same bulb (Model E11-N1EA) that had never been installed. I tried that and it paired up just fine and can be controlled under the Sengled Element Color Plus driver.

Has anyone else had this issue? It is hard to believe I have two packs for a total of 4 bulbs that are defective, but I guess anything is possible. Wondering if it is a Hubitat or driver issue that just does not complete the pairing.

I haven't had this exact problem but it sure sounds like what happened with my Hue Smart Button.
No idea what went wrong or what fixed it.
But after waiting a while (2 hours/overnight?) it sorted itself out. :man_shrugging:

When I used these bulbs I had to pair them right next to the hub. As Sengled doesn't have repeaters it can be dicey sometimes. Since then though I switched all my lamps to Lifx bulbs

1 Like

Not sure why I didn't think of that. Moving it closer and that worked. ugh.....I feel so dumb....lol. Thanks!!!

1 Like

Don't.... Some stuff is like that.