Sengled Smart Outlet

Anyone have one of these? I wonder if they repeat or not being that the bulbs do not. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFM97RH/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07WFM97RH&pd_rd_w=qDcge&pf_rd_p=45a72588-80f7-4414-9851-786f6c16d42b&pd_rd_wg=0Yo7G&pf_rd_r=GKZ5HJQHPKAHBJM6PZ0B&pd_rd_r=bb3c6ab9-5fa6-4552-a34d-a05f8760eefd&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWE5BSFlOSTNXQ0xRJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDA1NDE3MjhNVVhaTFVLUk9SVSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzM5MzIyM09PRFdJQlFWUkRIRSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

EDIT: Looks like it does not repeat so that can be good and bad. Good price though. Says it is Zigbee 3.0.

Where did you see it doesn't repeat? I can't seem to find much documentation on how Sengled implemented Zigbee on the device. :frowning:

@corerootedxb I scrolled down to the customers questions section and typed in repeater in the text box and it pulled up a question someone made about repeating and there was an answer there from Sengled.

1 Like

I wasn't able to find the same information on the Amazon listing, there were no question/answers that I could see. But from the Zigbee certification documents on the Zigbee Alliance website, it is definitely an End Device unfortunately. :cry:

As a side note, one of the questions in the zigbee documentation really made me chuckle.

1 Like

@Ryan780 This is what I saw on Amazon. Yours confirms though.

pic1

I guess if you had a repeater in each end of the dwelling and you needed more outlets this would be a good alternative. Here is a better deal for a 2 pk.

Not that the above doesn't all support this, but I do have one and can confirm that it doesn't repeat. (It was on sale for cheap on Prime Day, so I figured I'd try it.) This is obviously pretty unusual for an outlet, but I guess if you're trying to keep a Xiaomi-compatible network, it could be a good thing.

1 Like

Using your link.

The link you were giving, wasn't the link you were following to find that question. :slight_smile:

Thgat link has the answer to the question you showed.

@Ryan780 Yea either one of them will get you to the same answer. I just tried with the single link and typed in repeater in the box and the same answer popped up. Then I went to the 2 pk link and scrolled down and typed in repeater and it was the same answer as the other. So both will work. No big deal.

No, actually it doesn't. I showed you a screenshot of typing repeat into the search box with the link you provided twice. What else do I need to do to prove it to you? Both do not work.

Your right. I stand corrected. the single device link works but the 2 pk. does not. I had to clear the cache.

1 Like

Thank you. :+1:

These are not repeaters, and they do not report power.
Support for these will be in 2.1.6 via the generic zigbee outlet driver

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.