Sengled Smart LED PAR38 with built in Motion and Daylight Sensors

Was the driver for Sengled PAR38 with motion sensor ever added to Hubitat?

I don't see it on the compatibility list.

Yes

I received two as Christmas gifts. Mine come on any time there is motion, not just at night. One of the two also tends to flicker a lot. So I turn it off after sunset and only turn on with motion.
I don't think I'd buy them after this experience.

I just added two of these and they work. Thankfully I do not have the issues @michael.l.nelson has. My only complaint is they come on at night for 30 seconds with motion if you want them to or not. Not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to change that setting via HE. I will say they are nice and bright.

So I just bought two of these for my garage lights. I have them connected to my HE but if I configure them in HE to turn on at certain time of the day will the built in motion sensor then kick them on when they detect movement?

How do you have yours setup to only turn on with motion?

The built in motion will override any time based rule you have. They work from sundown to sunup. And they only turn on with motion unless you turn them on via dashboard or echo/siri/google home.

I don't . I intended to do that via RM, but they turn on with motion all on their own, all day. I wouldn't mind that but one of them flickers if I dim it. I should of returned it I suppose. I'll just not buy another.

This is what I’ve discovered and really not what I was hoping for With my outdoor floodlights. I desired to have one of them only come in with motion during evenings, which it does, but the other to stay on during specific evening hours and then come on with motion during later hours.

I’m guessing that I need to do either find another smart flood bulb without motion or install a switch instead that can be triggered by motion. I also ordered a Sengled Hub just to see if that allows better control of these motion bulbs as well. All of my indoor bulbs are Sengled but my Hubitat controls them as needed so I’ll send it back to Amazon if does not provide the control needed for the motion floods.

Buying the hub won't help. It says right in the bulb description that the built in motion controls the lights between sunset and sunrise. It's built into the bulb.

Any slim chance this did anything? It's doubtful, but I'd also like better control. The lights come on at early dusk not dark. I wish I could trim them back some to be controlled by just my lux sensor, but for that I guess I should have just bought dumb bulbs.

Again... The built in motion will override any time based rule you have. They work from sundown to sunup. And they only turn on with motion unless you turn them on via dashboard or echo/siri/google home.

If you want to be able to control what/when motion turns them on/off these are not the bulbs for you.

I hear ya, but I also have conflicting information that leads me to think otherwise. I would like to hear for someone that has actually connected it to a Sengled hub and tried these options, unless you're saying you have??

EDIT: Actually I think I got a Sengled hub with some other bulbs I purchased. Sounds like I have a project for the weekend.

1 Like

Did you ever try the sengled hub with these bulbs, and were you able to configure the motion lighting options like the instructions show?

I just bought a couple of these, and they keep turning on every time Motion is detected, in broad daylight.

My experience has been the same as yours. I have them on the short list to be replaced when there's a sale on BR30 or PAR38's.

Have you guys found the stated "warm white" to work well outside? I always felt "daylight" color appeared brighter.

They are pretty bright. But if you want Daylight they have a new version of the bulb. No zigbee though.

Thanks, but without a smart connection it defeats the / my purpose.