Sengled Element Plus now repeating?

I thought Sengled bulbs didn't repeat? I have circa 10 around the house and I was just looking at mg ZigBee network and I have noticed 2 of my sengled bulbs show up in the ZigBee table.

I'm assuming the below means it's repeating but badly?
[Study Light, 72CB], LQI:5, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0

I thought the same thing but i've just had to remove 5 of them from my system, they just won't stay connected anymore and i'm not sure why.

My other Sengled bulbs don't show up in the table, so I am confused as to why these two newly paired ones suddenly show up

Mine are in the table but routing through other devices, just repaired one and checked. Will drop off within a day though.

Take a look at an old and new bulb, notice any difference between them? Is it possible that they started manufacturing the bulbs with a different zigbee chip?

Without opening them up they look the same to me

I would probably reach out to their support and find out if something changed. I bought a few Sengled bulbs a couple of months ago and they do not act as repeaters.

Yeah that's my next step. I've a load of them, I've found 3 that seem to be repeating. The others on my network are not. I'm yet to test the other 3 I have.

They are 4/5 month old bulbs so I'd be surprised if they are new models.

As a side update. I have 15 of the same bulb. 10 of those are not repeating, but 5 seem to be. Sengled support are on the case

This just prompted me to look at my own getChildAndRouteInfo page. I saw something unexpected in my "Neighbor Table Entry":

[Sonoff Motion, CAD8], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

This is a battery-powered Sonoff motion sensor (SNZB-03) with no option for USB or mains power. By all means, it should not repeat. I'm tempted to scan my network with an Xbee/XCTU to see if it's really reported as a router and not an end device. Maybe Hubitat's diagnostic page has started incorrectly reporting some of these devices for some reason...

EDIT: Just tried the Xbee, and I can't get it to show up in the map at all (even though I generated some activity/traffic on the sensor), an issue I always seem to have here--neither place shows me the entire network. I guess I'll never know...

2 Likes

@bobbyD any reported issues of devices showing as repeating but not actually repeating? I'm still waiting on feedback from Sengled, but checking all avenues

1 Like

Nothing else other than what it has been mentioned on this thread.

Thanks for the quick response. Seems very odd, maybe Sengled QC need to improve :joy:

Still no word from Sengled, but every bulb I have recently put on Hubitat for sengled shows in the getchildandroute table. I thought 2 of the 6 were fine, but just this morning displayed in the table

@bobbyD I've had a brief message from Sengled, who said their bulbs have no changed and shouldn't be repeating. The interesting thing is a took an existing Sengled bulb not displayed in the getchildandroute table took it out of my network and added it back in and it's started showing in the table now?
Seems every sengled bulb I put on the network as new shows up in the getchildandroute

As below both outside light and porch light a bulbs that didn't previously show up in the table till I re-added them into the ZigBee network

Repeater (Rm Pro), 16D3], LQI:125, age:4, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Repeater (Kitchen Kettle), 33ED], LQI:29, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Outside Light, 8DF6], LQI:0, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Repeater (Porch), 8F18], LQI:54, age:3, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Porch Light, 9AFD], LQI:11, age:5, inCost:7, outCost:7
[Kitchen Light 2, A694], LQI:251, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:7
[Kitchen Light 3, A81D], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:7
[Repeater (Master Bedroom), B983], LQI:210, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:7
[Kitchen Light 1, F6C6], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:7
[Repeater (Hive), F9F2], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:7
[Pantry Switch, FCF4], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:5

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Kitchen Door Sensor, C8A7] via [Kitchen Light 3, A81D]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Aqara, 507A] via [Kitchen Light 3, A81D]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Living Room Door Sensor, AB07] via [Pantry Switch, FCF4]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [DoorBell Button, 39B8] via [Pantry Switch, FCF4]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Kitchen Light 3, A81D] via [Kitchen Light 3, A81D]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Repeater (Master Bedroom), B983] via [Repeater (Master Bedroom), B983]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Master Bedroom Button, 4017] via [Kitchen Light 1, F6C6]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Front Door Motion Sensor, 2467] via [Pantry Switch, FCF4]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Kitchen Light 2, A694] via [Kitchen Light 2, A694]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Study Motion Sensor, 3A44] via [Kitchen Light 3, A81D]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Bathroom Motion Sensor, 950C] via [Kitchen Light 2, A694]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Kitchen Light 1, F6C6] via [Kitchen Light 1, F6C6]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Living Room Lamp 2, AEF4] via [Kitchen Light 3, A81D]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Living Room Lamp 1, 19F0] via [Pantry Switch, FCF4]