Sengled Element Color Plus Bulb errors

Hello,

I have lost functionality of a Sengled bulb on my Hubitat hub. It is showing these errors in the logs.

I have factory reset and re-paired the bulb. I have tried the Sengled Driver as well as the generic zigbee color driver to no avail. Does anyone have an idea?

These aren't really errors; you just have "Enable debug logging" turned on in the driver, as you might for the first 30 minutes automatically after pairing, and it's showing you some of the raw data after the device sends it to Hubitat. So the good news is that that much is working. :slight_smile: The bad news is that, given the lack of "info" logging (assuming you have "Enable descriptionText logging" enabled) and the fact that you say it's not working, it doesn't seem to be doing anything with that information (nor do I know enough about Zigbee to say what this data might actually mean).

After changing drivers, did you hit "Configure"? (Maybe twice for good luck?) Does it respond to commands you send to the device and just not report them back accurately, or does nothing actually work? I think resetting and re-pairing the bulb (with or without deleting the device from Hubitat first, but you could probably do that if you haven't tried to be extra-sure) is a reasonable troubleshooting step and am not sure what else you could do besides examining the health of your Zigbee network--any other smart bulbs besides Sengled? A reasonable number of Zigbee repeaters for your network?

Hi. thanks for the reponse. The logging has now turned itself off.

I did indeed hit configure, a few times. It does respond to commands through the device page itself, but not through the dashboard and will miss its turn on and set level events. When commanding the bulb through the dashboard locally it will send the command, then it will freeze and not respond from that point forward. I have re-paired the bulb a few times, facory resetting the bulb both times. I have one other zigbee bulb, it is a Sylvania bulb as well as multiple door sensors, plug in switches and motion sensors. All other devices on the zigbee network seem to be responding correctly.

Do other devices work as expected from the Dasbhoard? And are you using a supported browser with that? (Not sure if there's an official list, but I'd assume it's the same as the recommendations for the hub UI: current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari; Internet Explorer and non-Chromium Edge are not supported.) If the device works and updates fine on the device page, then it could just be a problem with Dashboard. I'm not sure if you specifically checked that, but what you'd do is go to the device page (like you did to send commands), then see if both the device responds to them (sounds like you did that part) and if the "Current States" attributes in the upper right get updated as expected. Dashboard should show you the same attributes/states as you see there, so this would help narrow down where the problem is.

Also, are your door sensors Zigbee? Sylvania bulbs, or at least the earlier generation, are often reported to be problematic Zigbee repeaters (mostly for non-bulbs, but I could see them having issues if mix with bulbs and non-bulbs on the same network still). The "Tips..." section at the end of this document summarizes the Zigbee bulb issue, which you can also find numerous forum posts on: How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh - Hubitat Documentation. It seems a tad unlikely to me here, but I guess you could rule that out by taking the Sylvania offline and (after giving your Sengled time to adjust to any new routes it might need--20-30 minutes, but possibly right away if it wasn't routing that way or discovers another route sooner) trying the Sengled again.

1 Like

Ok, so I believe I have found the solution. I added a zigbee plugin outlet in the same room and it has been working much better, still not 100% though.

I had to change my rule from setting the dimmingg level and color temperature to just a simple on and off command. The color and dimming level will stay what it is until someone shuts off the bulb, but I believe i can find a way around that as well.

The past 2 nights it has turned on when it was supposed to and off when it was supposed to, maintaing the dimming level and color that was previously set. I will continue to monitor and see how it goes. I will mark this is solved. Thanks @bertabcd1234!

You can also try switching the driver Type to “Generic Zigbee RGBW Light”, saving, and then clicking CONFIGURE. I have found the generic driver to be more reliable than the Sengled specific driver.

4 Likes

This was the solution. After many frustrating hours, the bulb was pairing as a generic color bulb and I was switching the driver to the Sengled Element driver but not hitting configure.

1 Like