Sengled classic smart bulb gets java IllegalArgumentException

I have a couple of Zigbee Sengled classic smart bulbs from the starter kit. The bulbs paired just fine with the Hubitat. However, dashboard tiles to turn them on and off, cause the following Java exception to be logging and the bulb device does turn on or off. The DeviceType is set to "Sengled classic smart bulb". At first I thought, ah, forgot the button number in the tile but adding that did not help unfortunately. I get one log entry each press of the tile button...

app:2 error (in red) [timestamp]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'push' is not supported by device. on line 527 (dashboardCmd)

Looks like you added a “button” tile to the dashboard. You should use a “switch” tile instead.

Ya well that made a big difference - thanks!

1 Like

Short story for anyone else who has this issue - think of a button as something that doesn’t have an on/off state. Like I have a button on a cat feeder that feeds the cats. There is no on/off. You just press it and it does something. If it has an on/off then it’s a switch. Hope that helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.