Sengled A19

Anyone have experience with Sengled - A19 Add-on Smart LED Bulb? Best Buy has them on sale right now at two for $16. Good price? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sengled-a19-add-on-smart-led-bulb-2-pack-white-only/6238616.p?skuId=6238616

Amazon 4 - pack $31.19

Haven't used the bulbs but will most definitely vouch for ordering online from Best Buy......last thing I ordered received in LESS than 24 hours and shipping was free, and everything has been received within 2 days.

Sengled Zigbee bulbs work very well directly paired with Hubitat. Since the Sengled bulbs are intentionally NOT Zigbee repeaters. This is a good thing as bulbs typically as poor Zigbee repeaters. It does mean that you will need to have some other reliable Zigbee repeater devices (e.g. peanut outlets, tradfri outlets, Iris v2 outlets, etc...) strategically placed through your home.

I have 3 of these bulb and my only complaint is that they are not as bright as standard 60w equivalent LED bulbs. It's only been an issue in one room where I had to buy a plug-in lamp dimmer. While they function much, MUCH better than the Cree smartbulbs, the Sengled aren't quite as bright.

I paid $9 for each of mine on Amazon. So, $16 for two is a bit cheaper but not much once you factor in sales tax (if it applies in your area). If you can order online with in-store pickup from Best Buy then I'd say go for it. But i'm too impatient to wait a week for shipping. :slight_smile:

Ask and you shall receive...

https://us.sengled.com/products/sengled-smart-led-extra-bright-soft-white-a19-bulb

These are new, so the prices haven’t come down yet...

1 Like

LOL...well, how about that! I actually ended up using a plug-in dimmer module with a regular 100w equivalent LED bulb. This would have definitely been cheaper though. Thanks!

1 Like

I have both Sengled's and Tradfri on ST for over 6 months. (Have not moved them over yet)
They both work extremely well.
For a cheap PAR16 spots I buy Ikea Tradfri GU10s and use a GU10 bulb adapter. In Canada about $10 for the bulb and $1.50 for the adapter.
They are as bright as my Ecosmart spots.

I have a pair in my bedroom. They're grouped together and work without issue.
You might find them a little dim but that's acceptable as my bedside lights.

I had six of their BR30 flood lights installed in cans at our old place and they worked great. I no longer have a use for them, but wouldn't hesitate to buy more.

I was just seaching for a smart 100w equal in an A19 base. Looks like this will work.

1 Like