Send Message - who unlocked the door? Possible? How?

When I use a code to unlock the Schlage 599, I see a log entry that includes, amongst other things, the code number used to unlock or the name of the individual (if that has been assigned).

Is there a way to send a message (i.e., Pushover) that includes the name or code number used to unlock the door?

Right now I have a RM rule that sends me %device% is %value%. This results in me receiving a push message that says, for example, "Basement Shop Back Door Lock is Unlocked"

I would like to be able to use a variable that represents the descriptionText from the lock event (sample below).

descriptionText:	Basement Shop Back Door Lock was unlocked by Eric

or, alternatively, a variable that represents the code number or name that could be combined with the existing variable - something like: %device% was %value% by %lock user% ??

I looked at several of the docs and didn't see it and I didn't find any mention of this in the forum. I feel like I missed it somewhere . . .

Not sure about the variable part, but as a worst case you should be able to create a trigger for each lock code, and hard code the name in the push notification.

1 Like

1 Like

Shooting at ghosts here but I wonder if that could be incorporated into message central. Not trying to give cobra extra work but it might be a good addition to it. Maybe cobra can answer if it is doable or not or if he wants to.

I integrated lockcodes into Envisalink Integration, it's not very hard at all. Totally doable. The wants to thing, well that is a different ask. :smiley:

The method described by @ajones is exactly how I have mine set up. For both keypads and door locks: it tells me exactly who unlocked which lock or who disarmed which keypad.

-Jeremy

If you want the names associated to the lock code then you need a separate trigger for each lock. The above examples only show you the door that unlocked and not the person due to looking at multiple locks at the same time.

Example below for name in pushover:

I have a schlage BE469 and I have a RM rule similar to yours, but in the "select triggered events I was able to choose the names (I only have 2 codes assigned) associated with the codes instead of any lock Code and pushover sends me the name that unlocked the lock .

What is message central?

It is a really nice app from Cobra. It allows you to send messages based on contacts, lights, switches and allows setting the volume of the speaker(s). You can use a bunch of variables such as $time%, %date%, %device%, %event%, etc. You can allow restrictions based on time, mode, etc. You can select one speaker or multiple speakers to send to. I am sure this is just the tip of the iceberg but I just got started with it.
Maybe others can chime in on more of it's capabilities.

I don't believe it supports locks yet.

No you don't need separate triggers: You can definitely do it all in one trigger:

Ignore my extra "OR" towards the end, I tried to make a change to this and found out you can't modify or delete existing entries in these triggers.

-Jeremy