Security system

@123
I've seen that konnected will provide soon a small board to merge them all: a wired existing security panel and hubitat.

Am I wrong ?

The device tackles the challenge from a different direction. Whereas something like an Envisalink taps into the security panel's bus, and gains visibility like an attached keypad, Konnected's new product connects to each physical zone (and monitors it).

For a security panel that offers no native or third-party means to connect to its bus, you're not left with many options other than to do what Konnected is doing and tap directly into each zone.

However, if a security panel does offer a native, or third-party, device that connects directly to its bus, it allows for a neater and simpler installation. Like a keypad, it gains full access and visibility to the security panel's operations (with a lot less wiring connections and adjustments).

EDIT
I overlooked to mention that Konnected's new interface device fills a niche: frugal home automation enthusiasts who own a security panel with just a handful of zones. You'd be hard-pressed to find a cheaper solution. For a security panel with many zones, the number of required Konnected interface boards (and the amount of wiring needed) is liable to make the inside of the enclosure very, very cramped (i.e. the proverbial rat's nest).

This integration only works with DSC panels and not with Honeywell panels, which is what I have. No one has developed an integration for the Honeywell version yet. I wish there was one because you're right, the Envisalink offers exactly what one would need to make it happen. Unfortunately I am not a coder so this is beyond my abilities.

For this reason I'm not really interested in this option or wiring in some other contact sensors.

As noted above, I have no interest in wiring in any more devices to my panels. It's already a mess having expanded the number of zones from the default of the panel and nothing else will fit in the box not to mention on the screw terminals. I also have more than just contact sensors I would like to monitor and create rules for. Ideally someone will figure out a driver for the Honeywell panels. I might end up giving in to the AlarmDecoder in the mean time to get something going but I'm of the mindset to try and keep things as simple as possible with as few devices as possible to minimize points of failure and what I have to manage. I only have so much time to dedicate to this stuff.