Securify Peanut plug - Can't control from Dashboard, tile locks up on "Sending..."

Seems to join properly, but when I add a dashboard tile for it and try to click on it to turn on/off, it gets stuck per below:

I've changed the driver to the generic Zigbee outlet, saved everything, hit configure, and it seems like it looks OK on the device page, but I can't manage it from the dashboard.

Also wondering how I can confirm that it's working properly as a repeater...

Thanks!

I've got 4 Securifi Peanut outlets connected to Hubitat and they seem to work fine using the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver. They turn on/off ok from a dashboard tile, and all report power wattage too. How old are your outlets? I wonder if they have an older firmware that is causing the issue?

The one I'm using is one of two I have, not really sure which is which. I bought one in Dec 2017, and one in Mar 2019.

Their FW on both of them is whatever the shipping FW is/was, as you can't update it w/out a Securify router, which I don't have...

They worked fine on SmartThings, so pretty sure the FW should not be a problem w/them.

Can you control it from the device page? If yes then it's the dashboard issue. If no then maybe it was not join probably. You can reset the device and rejoin.

1 Like

Great question, @Navat604, thanks! Yes, it's controllable from the device page, no issues there. So it is a dashboard issue. I haven't run into one of those before...is there a process to try to fix it, or some devices just don't work from the Dashboard?

For the dashboard tile, what did you select as the template? I picked "switch" for my Peanut outlets and it will turn them on/off with a tap of the tile.

Ah, I chose outlet.

I just changed it to Switch, and the same issue - says "sending" endlessly. I've refreshed the dashboard, removed and re-created the tile, and it still won't turn off/on, just the "Sending" status when I click on it.

I deleted and re-created my dashboard, and I'm getting the same behavior on all of my plugs (I only have a couple migrated from ST to HE so far).

I have one switch migrated and it works fine, and all my HUE lights work fine, from the dashboard.

Just bizarre.

Seems like they only work from the Dashboard if they are switches, set that way in their Device properties.

I changed the Peanut plug to a Generic Zigbee Switch on the device page, hit configure, added it to the dashboard as a switch, and it works perfectly.

There may be something wonky in the Dashboard support for Outlets, unless I was doing something wrong...but it did not work when the device was configured w/the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver and added to a dashboard as an outlet.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.