Securifi Peanut Smart Plug - $12.99 Lightning Deal

The Peanut is a little zigbee smart plug. They're nice to use as zigbee repeaters if you need one. Energy monitoring requires the latest firmware, so don't expect that to work. Otherwise they're great!

2 Likes

Just be aware. With the latest firmware. I couldn't pair it with Hubitat on Zigbee channel 21,25,and 26.

Any other tips for getting these to be recognized by hubitat. I am on channel 22, tried reset procedure no luck. Tried pairing with ST, worked immediately.

I just tried my third one and Hubitat detected it right away. I'm on zigbee channel 14. Does Hubitat support higher channels than Smartthings? Maybe the plug doesn't work over 20. Sorry, I wouldn't have suggested it if I knew it was gonna give people issues.

My ST hub is on Channel 20, so maybe this is the case. I may take a look at moving my hubitat to a different channel under 20, to see if it allows it to pair.

My peanut is working for me on channel 20. Just another data point for you.

Well I took my ST Hub offline and changed the HE zigbee channel to 20, peanut immediately paired without issue. Now just waiting for my other zigbee devices to find the new channel. So PSA these devices do not like channels above 20.

1 Like

I have 4 peanut plugs on zigbee channel 25 no issues.

It just depends on your RF environment. Zigbee channels for Zigbee Home Automation Profile devices will not matter.

Channel 25 is one of the only channels that doesn't overlap with Wifi 2.4ghz.

It's possible you have interference at our near channels 20-24 that block your zigbee sensors.

Seems odd that all of my other devices seemed fine on channel 22, my hue bridge is using 25. Now that everything seems to be working on 20 I'm probably going to stick with it for now. But knowing that it is possible to get the peanuts running on +20 is valuable if I run into issues in the future. Thanks.

2 Likes