Secure inclusion - forcing?

Small question about secure inclusion and how this process actually managed by HE.

I say this because I have a device that supports it, but after doing some tests with the driver I am developing for the device it gets included without security.
If I then exclude it and re-included the device, it gets included in the secure mode (I see the calls to the security classes and the attribute "zwaveSecurePairingCompleate: true") if I repeat the process again I always get a different result..

Is there a way to force HE to include the device in secure mode?
Are there any options available on the drive side to force this?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Seb

On the z-wave settings page there is a setting for secure join. It is recommended this be set for Locks/Garage Doors. If it is set for all, then all devices have to be joined close to the hub in order for the secure pairing to complete successfully. I've heard some say that you can't secure join through a repeater and others have said that it's just really hard for it to be successful. Either way, it don't work. :slight_smile:

Why would you want to join a lighting device secure to the Hub?

Thanks for the info, hope I had known this from the start.
I have already included my 30 devices :disappointed:

In this case it's a lock device so it would be best that it's secured.

Yes. Z-wave locks are always secure, just like GDO's. Due to this, they must be paired close to the hub.