Seasonal pool controller

I created a smart app here that controls when and how long a pool pump will run based on the month. In the future, I hope to add to it to use the average temperature during the day to control how long it runs, but this is good enough for right now.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/napalmcsr/Hubitat_Napalmcsr/master/Apps/PoolController/PoolController.src

I am using a GE Z-wave pool controller. but this should work on any switch.

4 Likes

Updated to 1.1 to support the southern Hemisphere.

Link wasn't working for me but I'm guessing its this one.

Oops, moved it to support Hubitat Package manager :slight_smile: fixed in original Post!

I a
Tried to load your Seasonal Pool Pump Control script. I am receiving an error when saving No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Seasonal Pool Pump Control, namespace:Craig.Romei, author:Craig Romei, ...]]

Any suggestions?

did you put it in as a device or an app?

Thanks for this app, I've been using it since I replaced my pool pump controller with the GE Z-wave last summer.

I have two feature requests.

The first relates to manual control. If someone turns the pump off manually within the scheduled runtime window, when they turn it back on the pump only runs for the manual control interval instead of resuming the schedule. Obviously I can turn off the manual interval but then I lose the ability to run the pump for a limited duration outside of the schedule. I'd like to have the best of both options :wink:

The other is to be able to run continuously when the temperature is under a threshold. I do this now with Rule Machine but it's fighting against the manual interval -- not a huge deal but I'd rather not have the pump cycling off/on every hour on the exceptionally cold days.

I'll look into both, they are possible, however, I moved to a variable speed motor controller, so I have no pool to test with :slight_smile:

New version available:
Supporting the NPM installer
Return to schedule if you are using the manual switch is optional

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.