Scrolling Dashboard Tile?

I am looking for a way to create a dashboard tile that can give me tabular information that I can scroll in a Window. Specifically, I would like to be able to log and review motion events from selected motion sensors. Ideally, I would like each line entry to be sensor name with date/time motion was observed. Has anyone tried to do that before or is there an app to accomplish this?

1 Like

I am not aware of anything that scrolls, but you might post this in the Smartly dashboard thread and see if this is something that could be added. There is a very limited amount of info that can be displayed (character limit) so you are not going to get a long message no matter what you do.

You might look at the various tile apps (Tilemaster, Supertile) and see if just having multiple lines of info aggregated into a tile might accomplish this.

The other way to possibly get something sort of what fits this criteria is by using Hubigraphs. It doesn't scroll, but you can graph things out which may be helpful in some cases.

Well, be aware that the Smartly team has been banished, so they won’t see it unless you post on their own forum (which will not be named lest I be banished, too) where they now field support requests.

1 Like

Here is a screenshot of what HubiGraph can do....

2 Likes

I am going to have to focus on Hubigraph some more. All the graphs I have created seem to be very spotty on the data that they report on. For example, I tried to create a line graph for temperature and after a week on got three hours of reporting on a random morning. I just figured that Hubigraph was not really working.

If you question that HubiGraph is working, look through the event data to verify. HubiGraph is a pet project for me, so I KNOW it has some bugs. The ONLY way I find them is for users to help me out.

It is probably just that Hubigraph has a learning curve. I've been wanting to track things like temperature and motion in reports over time. Initially I tried using Webcore Fuel Streams and never really thought they were what I needed. Examples I have seen of Hubigraph charts are spot on, so I am planning to do more testing. Thanks.

Got it; As you encounter issues and questions just post the question on the HubiGraph thread (I check there a couple times a week). HUBIGRAPHS

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.