Schlage FE599 and C7

That may all be true. Sad thing is I bought it new 2 years ago and they still sell them many places. When I bought it SmartThings folks said, as long as you have Aeotec 6 Repeaters nearby it will work. It did.

SmartThings will now have to be a Wi-Fi bridge for just this one device. Glad I moved over before the Groovy death. My virtual switch (to Allow Alexa routines to change lock state) in SmartThings is using their new fangled Edge garbage. So I should be ready. That is, until they go out of business.

1 Like

Interestingly I had one of these locks at my old house via SmartThings and moved and only just tried to join it to my new Hubitat setup. I noticed people were saying this Schlage lock worked with the C5 hub, just not the C7.

Sure enough, it didn't join (timed out initializing and that's how I found this thread) but it did show up in the Z-Wave radio, just not in Hubitat. I noticed it joined with S0 security and I had a similar issue with the older non-700 series Zooz 4-in-1 sensors. Their firmware couldn't deal with the C7 security handshake and joined incorrectly with S0 security and it burned through batteries and caused all kinds of Z-Wave network issues unless joined properly. The answer to that issue was to add a secondary PC controller and do a Network Wide Join via that secondary controller to add it to the C7.

It joined successfully to my C7:

The process is mentioned here

1 Like

The fe599 is a 300 series chipset and because schlage won't update it's firmware it has issues with the 700 and above series chips. So your experience won't change. The 4-in-1 will also still have an issue. but the nice thing is is that you can migrate everything over from the c5 to the c8 and chances are it will work for the lock (you still need to pair the 4-in-1 through a secondary controller without security though)

@rlithgow1 : Can you please help me understand how to do this using Rule Machine? ie, when I first set up a rule, the first dropdown asks me to "Select capability for new trigger event." Which of the dropdown options do I select? Is there a thread somewhere with an example? I've been searching the forums for how to do this, but have not found anything, but did find this comment!

The easiest way is to download @bptworld 's event engine.

The easiest way is to download @bptworld 's event engine.

@rlithgow1 : Thanks. Took a look at that but it says it is "Deprecated" due to the release of WebCore. So two questions:

1. Will webcore do the same thing?
  2. Are either or both totally local for this function? I was under the impression that webcore requires an internet connection, but I could be wrong as fundamentally I really don't understand webcore...

Both are local. Webcore is very much like rule machine in it processes rules. Event engine works fine so I see no reason not to use it.