Schlage Connect Deadbolt - Zigbee Lock

If all you want to do is store camera video, Blue Iris is not needed, it sounds like you have all the hardware required and then some. I am no computer expert but I knew that I would like my camera software system to:

1. Have a server to send live and recorded camera video to my phone or any other computer. Have this remote connection be a simple app that anyone in the family could use.
  2. Have the cameras trigger on motion that is defined by crossing virtual lines drawn on the cameras field of view, also be able to have this motion sensitivity change during day and night. Basically I wanted these features to eliminate false camera triggers.
  3. Have the camera triggers:
  • Send a trigger to Hubitat Rule Machine to activate anything I want in Hubitat. A simple rule would be that when the camera senses someone walking up to the door, at night, the outside light turns on.
  • Send Messages to my phone when the camera triggers and only certain conditions are met (things such as presence, alarm setting, time of day, etc...), be able to easily view the video on my phone once my phone gets the message.
  1. Have a timeline that makes it easy to view all the video and triggers that have happened and be able to export the video or image clips from my home computer or from my phone.

Blue Iris does this and a lot more. I am by no means computer savvy. I hooked up two POE cameras on a Saturday morning and had all the above functionality by Sunday afternoon. The only reason I chose Blue Iris is from reading a lot on the forums. Never actually seen anyone suggest any other software for what I wanted.

What you described is pretty much what I'm looking to do.

Ahhh, same issue. It connects in 20 seconds, but won't get past the "Found Zigbee Device with id" screen. I can't get it to work... Possibly I got a bunk device?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.