Schlage BE469ZP Lock/Unlock Events

When I was using the lock in ST, I was able to identify whether it was locked/unlocked via the app, manual lever or keypad (and which code if it was the keypad). I had a webcore piston accessing the device args which provided the details.

Under HE, the args variable is empty when locking/unlocking using the app or manual lever. I thought providing these details was a function of the lock itself, but now I’m guessing it’s a function of the driver? I’m using the built-in Schlage driver. Does anyone know how to obtain all of the details for lock/unlock events?

I have the same lock, and I see the events you're talking about. I'm using the habitat built-in driver "Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock" driver. I've included two screenshots of the event logs from the device page. Any event marked "digital" is a lock/unlock that was process via automation. Anything "physical" was done at the lock, either via keypad or manually. And you'll also see an entry for a manual thumb turn. You don't see this same detail?

When I checked the event log, I can see these entries. Have you created any automations in either webcore or RM based on these different types of events? I’m not sure how to create a rule that might only be triggered based on the manual lever being used.

I have events based on lock codes in both RM and webcore. I haven't tried to create anything based on manual ONLY, but I'll have a look and see how that might be done.

The following thread might be useful. Gets interesting about the middle of the thread, post 14 or so.

3 Likes

Thank you, have to finish reading through it and try it out, but this looks really helpful!

I use a notification to see who/what unlocks the door. Under the broadcast notification I simply have, "Door Unlocked: %value% %date% %time" and its pushed to my phone. So I receive the message "Door unlocked by whomevercodewasused". Or Door unlocked by manual knob or Door closed by electronic switch. Those notifications also stay in the logs. Don't know if this helps you are not.

I have a BE469NX and I set a door.trigger.id global variable in my RMs before calling my door controller.

Then I have another RM that triggers on changed that logs that variable and sends a pushover, then resets the GV to physical.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.