Schlage BE469 programming help

I got one of my Schlage BE469 locks moved from ST to Hubitat. I'm using the Generic Z-wave Lock driver. It seems to have basic functions, lock and unlock, and reporting. Iโ€™m not having any luck with setting, checking, getting lock codes.
Are there instruction somewhere for setting/programming codes into the lock?
Thanks

1 Like

I am having same problem with BE469. Tried to use driver that I ported from ST. Same thing, basic function work, but canโ€™t set or get codes

Which driver, the SmartThings one or RBoy's?

Either of those are so integrated into other elements of SmartThings that I wouldn't expect them to work without any edits or changes to the code.

I have a Schlage BE469 myself and use the RBoy driver / app solution with a paid subscription, and I would really love to have that working locally on my Hubitat hub.

There's a thread on here where someone asked about developers like RBoy, and a user said they would e-mail about Hubitat support. I'll have to ask if there was a positive response or not.

1 Like

Last response from Rboy a month ago was

No response from them as yet unfortunately - just been very tied up with new product releases here on ST

Neither. GaryD9.

any idea what that error mean?

Not sure without looking at the code in detail, which could take a while. Generally it seems to possibly indicate that some parts of the code relating to checking codes and getting codes is not receiving any data (as indicated by null).

Hi, are people still having this issue? I just got a Hubitat today and had some spotty performance with my BE469, but overall the generic commands to set and delete codes seem to be working.

The BE469 has 30 code slots with indices ordered from 1 to 30. As far as I've seen on both Hubitat and SmartThings, none of my manually-entered codes are visible to the Z-Wave hub, but it is possible to overwrite those codes by writing a new code to the same index (the index for manually-entered codes starts at 1, increments for each new code entered, and decrements for each code deleted).

I've had brief periods where the BE469 appears to ignore certain commands from the Hubitat, but after repeated attempts, setting and deleting codes appear to work, and any codes that I add through the interface show up as a list of JSON values under the "Current States" heading on the "Device Status" page.

Has anyone else been able to manage codes for their BE469 through the default interface?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.