Schlage BE469 in 2.1.8.117 does not work

After upgrading to 2.1.8.117 I noticed that I could not operate my door lock any more. I downgraded back to 2.1.7.127 and it functions. I am using the built in SCHLAGE driver for BE469

I have the same lock working fine under 2.1.8.117, but am using the Generic Z-Wave Lock.

I have two of these and both worked fine with the dedicated Schlage driver in 2.1.8 for me. I know this isn't helpful for you, but I just wanted to add a data point. :slight_smile: Do you see any errors or oddities in the logs when you try things from either Hubitat or the lock (enable debug logging just to make sure you get maximum output)? That could help narrow things down. Sometimes one of mine also just stops responding over Z-Wave and the solution is to "restart" it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery pack. That may not be your issue since the Hubitat downgrade solved it, but I'm just trying to think of anything that might help.

Hi,
I heard that installing the Reliable Locks app has helped many.
Give that a try and see if it helps.

RogerThat

odd... I downgraded and it started working again and just now went back to the latest release and it works still. Before all this I tried replacing the batteries, doing a Zwave repair (nothing showed as failed or error), and rebooted the hub.

@keltymd1

Did you try turning the z-wave radio off for ~30 seconds and then turning it back on again? Or doing a complete shutdown, cutting power, and then restarting the HE? Both of those has worked to "reset" my z-wave radio when it has gone wonky with the BE469 or FE599.

Here is the link to the Reliable Locks app. It may help you as well, did for many others.

RogerThat