Schedules getting "stuck" in custom apps

With the last couple of firmware updates (currently running 2.2.8.141), some of the periodic jobs scheduled from some of my custom apps (created using runEvery5minutes or runEvery1Minute) get "stuck" at times just prior to when the firmware was updated. Not all apps exhibit this behavior. I have been working around this by manually re-saving the app configuration. When I save the configuration, the schedules get re-initialized and everything starts working again.

Today, on one of the apps I found that the scheduled job was missing altogether (as can be seen by clicking on the app gear icon). I tried to apply the same workaround of re-saving the app configuration, but this time I got a DB lock error in the log messages:

errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't remove job: Timeout trying to lock table ; SQL statement: DELETE FROM QRTZ_CRON_TRIGGERS WHERE SCHED_NAME = 'QuartzScheduler' AND TRIGGER_NAME = ? AND TRIGGER_GROUP = ? [50200-197] [See nested exception: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Timeout trying to lock table ; SQL statement: DELETE FROM QRTZ_CRON_TRIGGERS WHERE SCHED_NAME = 'QuartzScheduler' AND TRIGGER_NAME = ? AND TRIGGER_GROUP = ? [50200-197]] (updated)

I can't even remove this app. I get the same error message. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm wondering if this is a sign of a corrupted database (which sounds worse than it often is...). I'd get that confirmed by HE Support rather than my diagnosis. If it is, there is a very simple reset process to follow.

@bobbyD has helped me and others with this in the past. Any thoughts?

This was my previous post when I needed to reset. Note quite the same errors, but similar...

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

Per your recommendation, I followed the procedure for the soft reset of the DB and restored my configuration from a previous backup. Subsequent to this, I was able to remove the offending app configuration. I recreated the app configuration and everything works as expected now.

2 Likes