Scheduled call sometimes doesn't happen

My app used runIn() to schedule a function to be called in five minutes. That works 99% of the time. However, I have had two occasions where the call didn't happen. In both cases, the problem occurred between 2:20 and 2:30 am. When I look at the status of the App the next morning, the call shows up but without a scheduled time. Any ideas why the call doesn't happen?

The missed call leaves the App in a state where it doesn't process later events correctly. My work-around is to have a back-up function that is called every 30 minutes. The back-up function checks whether the App is in a proper state and fixes it if not. That prevents the App from staying in an improper state for very long, but I would prefer to understand why it happens in the first place.

Hopefully you are not using chained runIns vs schedule. But take a look at the misfire option in the docs, that should fix the issue if the schedule is missed.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Common_Methods_Object#runIn

Could that be trying to run during HE's nightly maintenance? I believe maintenance runs between 2-3am but don't know exact time.

Thanks. I will try adding the misfire option and see if that keeps the problem from happening again. Since it is an intermittent problem, it is always hard to be certain you have fixed it.