Scenes Help

I have been migrating from ST this week and most everything is going really well, but I can't seem to figure out how to get scenes to work as expected.

I am used to scenes working as independent light settings - moving from scene A to scene B changes every light that is part of scene B. However, what I am finding is that when I move from scene A to scene B in HE, the only lights that change are the ones that are unique to scene B. All of the lights shared between the two stays on whatever setting was on scene A.

It would seem that a light only responds to a scene if it is previous off? Is that the typical behavior? Any suggestions on what I can do to get it to work as I'm envisioning?

That's not how my scenes work. Every light in a scene should change to the settings for the new scene. Have you verified that the settings for each light in the scene have been captured (or manually set) correctly?

I've noticed some strange behavior as well, may be a similar issue, but haven't got around to working it out yet. I think there may have been some other threads talking about this recently, I intended to do some research to try and find a solution.

Hi everyone. I set up a scene so I can prowl around in the semi-darkness in the evenings, but it says “scene not set.” Also, I can’t figure out how to turn the scene off? Can you point me in the right direction?

As always, thanks so much. Hope you all are having a great week and looking forward to an awesome weekend!

1 Like

A couple of things worth checking are that the scene setup allows for turning off. Along with that I would suggest turning on any logging within the app responsible for the "on-the-prowl" lighting.

LOL. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Just to be sure (since I was also initially confused about Scenes) you'll have a virtual device added to your Device page when you create a scene, looks like below:

You should be able to test your scene by turning on that device. Then it will show "On."