Scene Failure / Bug

Any idea what's causing this? Happens more than rarely.

What happens if you refresh that page? Does it stay the same?

Yes.
I came to that page because the scene hadn't fully completed, so it was a fresh page load. I just went to the current scene and it also shows a mismatch. I did a refresh on this page to confirm it again.

This time, 2 devices are not in correct state and the scene says on.

What build are you on?

I'm almost always on the latest.

At such a point in time as you are seeing this discrepancy, would you grab a screenshot of Application State from App Status page (gear icon). In particular I want to see the state variable called "capturedDevs" and one called "sceneSet".

I am having a similar issue with one of my scenes. Started happening recently. Also on 2.2.8.152. Disregard the offline node (it's an old Wemo Swith that is not in WiFi range).

Please post what I asked about just above.

Thanks. There's a bug, clearly. Will get it fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Yes of course.

Captured dev:

{580={set=true, name=Living Room Ceiling, CM=null, switchState=on, dimmerValue=99}, 581={set=true, name=Living Room Sconces, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}, 571={set=true, name=Mud Utility Sink, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}, 582={set=true, name=Parlor Ceiling, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}, 572={set=true, name=Kitchen Sink, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}, 583={set=false, name=Front Porch Coach Lights, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}, 573={set=true, name=Mud Ceiling, CM=null, switchState=on, dimmerValue=99}, 661={set=true, name=Treehouse Receptacle, CM=null, switchState=off}, 576={set=true, name=Mud Door Light, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}, 577={set=false, name=Dining Chandelier, CM=null, switchState=on, dimmerValue=99}, 116={set=false, name=Living Room Mantle Lights, CM=null, switchState=off}, 578={set=false, name=Dining Sconces, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}, 557={set=false, name=Addi receptacle, CM=null, switchState=off}, 579={set=true, name=Patio Door Lights, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=1}, 568={set=true, name=Kitchen Recessed, CM=null, switchState=on, dimmerValue=99}, 569={set=false, name=Kitchen Island Pendants, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}, 636={set=true, name=Parlor Lamp, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=2}, 519={set=true, name=Master Bath Light, CM=null, switchState=off, dimmerValue=99}}

sceneSet true

I will add, I've since removed many devices from the scene than previously had when I captured/built it. I thought removing to the bare necessities would help it complete more often and fully. I just wanted to mention as you might be scratching your head on that difference for a few minutes ha!

This is a bug that has been identified, and fixed. Next release will show Scene On/Not Set properly.

3 Likes

Awesome, you guys are the best!!

Any chance the scene will also complete more successfully? I feel like there could be some logic built in do an assessment of "correct state" and do al singular secondary commands if devices are not in correct state.

Thoughts?

Have you tried 'metering'? It's not a good plan for Scene to bang away at a device that isn't responding. For example, if it's a Z-Wave device that has mesh weakness, hitting it again is counter-productive. You should experiment with metering.

Yes, I've metered up to 1500ms

I have mostly Zooz devices as they've been really great before but maybe don't work well with hubitat for some reason?

@agnes.zooz any ideas on this topic?

So basically, you have Z-Wave devices that don't turn on reliably? That's probably a weak mesh. I doubt it has anything specifically to do with Zooz, or with Scene.

All of our devices are integrated with Hubitat, the team here is always very fast in adding new devices and we haven't seen any similar issues so it could be specific to your set-up. We'll be happy to troubleshoot in detail once we have more information on your devices so please get in touch with our support if you continue having issues.

1 Like

I don't know what could be done any better to improve my mesh if this is the case.

I included all devices from the center of the house outwardly. The hub is almost center in the 2nd floor of our 3 story house. I have tons of devices so I'm more concerned about overlooking l overwhelming with traffic versus not getting it.

I will say that 2 devices that seem to fail responding more often than others are in a 4 gang and the other on a 3 gang box. That's a lot of wire and switches but also all the switches are just other Zooz dimmers that don't seem to have issues and should also be rebroadcasting.

Interestingly, on my previous platform that had constant restarts and limited functionality, etc but I could almost count on one hand the number of times a scene "didn't complete".