Samsung Water Sensor, sending temp updates every minute-The one with "beady eyes" on top

Hello, Curious if anyone else sees this? I have it set to only send if there is a 1C or greater change, but it sends every minute, even with a 0.01 degree change.
I wondered why the battery dies so fast. It appears to have paired correctly, but not sure if an incomplete pairing would cause these issues, but I'm no expert.

Here's the data:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 11
  • softwareBuild: 00000014
  • endpointId: 01
  • profileId: 0104
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500,0B05
  • outClusters: 0003,0019
  • model: water
  • firmwareMT: 1241-0030-00000014
  • manufacturer: Samjin

Another one that reports mostly on the hour, data section seems different, as well as firmware revision.
Anyone have any info they care to share?

Thanks folks

Maybe hit Configure? That should have run during pairing, but configuring reporting is normally one of the things this command does for Zigbee devices.

if @bertabcd1234's suggestion doesn't work, try going into device inclusion mode and re-pairing the device. You don't want to un-pair it first - just pair it again. The hub will re-acquire it but leave any rules unaffected. This has helped me resolve a couple of wonky issues with those particular sensors. I had one that had battery reporting problems and re-pairing it solved the issue.

I love your "beady eyes" description. I have a ton of these things... they make great leak and temp sensors. I even bought some of the new ones from Aeotec. They are expensive but still my favorite.

Thanks Guys hit configure like 25 times, no help.
I factory reset and paired to ST to see if any firmware updates. Doesn't look like any are available. Will re-pair(left it connected) to HE, as I had it in many rules.

I've had one of these under the kitchen sink for a couple of years; battery life has been fine; I don't think I've replaced the battery more than a couple of times.

It is set to report temp on a .5 degree C change. It appears to be an older firmware level than yours; info shows firmware MT: 1241-0030-00000011 Software Build: 00000011

Thanks Tony. I'd say don't upgrade !
So I factory reset and paired to ST, no firmware updates at all. When rejoined to HE the data section looks the same(never unpaired it), but so far much less temp reports.
I remember automation being a fun hobby, now chasing down this crap is driving me nuts. I was going to do home assistant, but I wouldn't have enough time left over to do my needed full time job. I have a HA setup running but only a few devices on it

2 Likes