Samsung leak detector

I've got 4 of the original smartthings leak detectors. They all report as Centralite 3315-S. This is where it gets interesting - 3 of them report as "Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor", 1 of them is reporting as a "Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor".

They all report in just fine, and work as expected, however because "one of these things is not like the other" - it makes automation of all 4 awkward.

Is this potentially because the old smartthings hub updated some firmware on three and not the 4th? The 4th one was likely offline for a while with a dead battery if I had to guess so perhaps there was an update that pushed. Anybody seen this before?

You can go into the driver page and change the driver to Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor. Unless you already did that and they are still not working.
Don't forget to press configure after changing the driver.

2 Likes

Ahh, thank you! I missed the "configure part". I originally just tried changing the driver and it stopped reporting wet or dry, that seems to work.

For future reference, if configure doesn't work, after changing driver, another trick is to start zigbee pairing, after factory resetting the device and switching the driver, that will force it to report correctly, when it re-joins with the correct driver in place.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.