Samsung Hubitat TV Integration (2016 and later)

For most attributes, it is under 2 seconds. This includes power on/off.

Thank you! I switched to this. The "on" detection isn't quite as fast as using your local detection method (probably takes about 10s) but everything else is almost instant. Thanks for the great work!

1 Like

My Frame TV integration suddenly stopped working tonight. For some reason, the TV no longer sends any signal to Hubitat that it is being turned on or off. I figured this out when the automation did not work this evening (it worked last night, and per the log, the tv was reporting/synching to Hubitat through this am...). There have been no changes to the setup (TV, router, network, etc) in over 2 weeks. TV is not internet connected, although the hub is.

Strangely, when trying to troubleshoot this, I was able to turn the TV ON from the Hubitat dashboard, but then I could not turn it OFF from Hubitat. Log is pasted below.

Any ideas on where I start with troubleshooting?

What has changed/happened in your Hubi-sphere? This may point to the problem. The logs do not indicate any error condition.

• TV IP Address?
  • Hub Version?
  • Added something to the your LAN?
  • Changed router settings (i.e., AX support).

The logs do not indicate any error condition.

Typically, the log shows "onPollParse: [switch; OFF (or ON), powerState....] such as the 8 rows at the bottom, with one entry row each time the TV is turned on or off.
The log typically does not show the "off[frameTV:true] such as the many entries starting at 10:31...PM last night.

What has changed/happened in your Hubi-sphere?

Nothing.

• TV reports same IP address that Hubitat reports for the TV in the device
  • Hub version is 2.3.4.132
  • Nothing added to LAN over the last few weeks
  • Until this problem had not even logged into router for over a week

In Hubitat, in the device, on the right side, it states: * wsStatus : closed-failure
I don't recall the word "failure" being there before. What does wsStatus mean?

Close-failure indicates that the last websocket message failed. That is normal since I do not close the socket as power is turned off.

Try running a Save Preferences. Sometimes poll gets unscheduled and this may restart it.

I too am experiencing this issue. It happens weekly and then I cannot use the app until i "save preferences".

Is there any way to add a Refresh attribute/function (like Off) to the app that would accomplish the same thing? This way I could write a Webcore piston that watches for it and then refreshes it as the "Save Preferences" is not exposed to Webcore.

I will look at it when I feel better. My question is why the periodically scheduled event is being removed. Nothing in my code for that.

Thank you @djgutheinz. Please, when you feel better as Health is more important than this. Then if you need any other info please reach out. Take care.

Tuesday, In Hubitat, in Devices, I opened the TV device and clicked both Save Device and Save Preferences. It did not help. The Hubitat and TV were not communicating at all anymore.

Wednesday, I spent time searching this site and found no new ideas, but for good measure did the above again. Surprisingly all of a sudden the Hubitat and TV are once again communicating....

In my case, when it is properly connected the ONLY entries in the log are those that include "onPollParse:..."

HOWEVER - tonight, while the TV was on, my automations that trigger when the TV goes off suddenly triggered. The log shows the TV went off and on within fractions of a second. Except it did NOT - I am sitting here, I see the remote and it was not touched. Can anyone advise what is going on here? Do I have a gremlin in my Hubitat TV device?

ETA: TV did it again, tonight, at the EXACT same time, 8:33:19 pm...I have absolutely NO automation causing this - the tv is somehow sending a switch off, then immediately a switch on signal. Again, when this happens, the TV never actually goes off. If the automations linked to turning off the TV were not triggering, I would have no idea this is happening...

ANY IDEAS???

Thank you for your reply - by remote, I meant using that as the trigger to turn the TV on and off versus using Hubitat to turn the TV on and off (well, it's a Frame, so really from Art mode to non-Art mode). When the TV goes out of art mode (I hit the power button on the remote), I want to turn the lights off. If that's not expected to work, that implies this integration is only to control the TV from Hubitat? But from some of the recent posts it sounds like others are doing something similar, but also seeing issues with it not receiving the events.

Samsung has messed up art-mode remote control on the 2022 models. In earlier models, the Hubitat driver could attain via websocket the artMode status as well as explicitly control the art mode on/off. They deleted that capability in the 2022 code (some time during the year). So, I can NOT guarantee working with turning art mode on/off automatically based on the power being turned on or off for 2022 sets.

I looked thru the thread and couldn't find any bits to help.

I can't get the device in Hubitat to control any of the 2 Frame TVs I have. One is a 2021 and another 2022 and I get this error on both with any actions I take:

• wsStatus : closed-failure

Any pointers from anyone would be very nice! Thanks!

You need to enable the socket on the TV itself.

@olivier - Two things:

1. Make sure you follow the setup instructions at:
    HubitatActive/Installation.pdf at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub

2. To get it to work consistently you may need to assign the TV a static IP in the router settings

3. Mine worked fine for months, then came up with this exact same error last week. The fix for me was to go into the device and click "Save Device" and "Save preferences" several times...

Thank you. I did follow the instructions (As far as I can tell).

• I turned on the "IP remote" and "Power On with Mobile" settings on the TVs
  • Installed the drivers, created device, etc. (That part is ok it seems)
  • Added Fixed IP address in the device preferences and saved.

The "Allow" pop up on TV never showed up at all.

Maybe am I not doing the step 6 from install instructions correctly?

Thanks. I did 2 and tried 3 quite a few times.

Based on my TV (2020 non-Frame Art), I would try the following
open menu Then

Menu -> General -> External Device Manager -> Device Connect Manager
Make sure "Access Notification" is set to "First Time Only"

I had done that earlier from reading the thread, but no dice :frowning:

From HE logs, I can tell that HE is able to communicate with the TV as it gets what kind of TV, etc...

So it is puzzling for sure.

I think that I have an idea of what is going on. It seems that the TV doesn't like the remote to be on a different subnet according to some other forums online. Will try that and report.