Samsung Hubitat TV Integration (2016 and later)

Combining is explicitly not reasonable done.

TIVO: Do the TIVO devices support HDMI/CEC control from the TV? If so, then the Key commands (VolUp/Down, CHUp/Down, Direction Keys, Enter) should work (even with the physical Samsung Remote. See link: TiVo Support Center

SONOS: Assuming wifi audio interface. The remote functions can not directly control the SONOs devices; however, within Hubitat (speaking SONOS), it is possible to use Rule Machine to set the volume of SONOS base on the Samsung TV Device. I may not have this set up yet - but I can modify in a future version.

Hi Dave, sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have any plans of adding support for the 2015 models? If not, no worries.
Thanks!

Hey Dave, my tivo boxes do not appear to support HDMI-CEC, at least how I have them setup... And my audio is connected via optical line... No biggie... Just thought I'd ask...

Maybe I am misunderstanding the question, but why could you not build a dashboard using all 3 of these devices? You could just use the individual traits you want from each one?

If needed, you could do a virtual button + rule to mute, or any similar situation where you wanted to send simultaneous commands to multiple devices.

Absolutely could - especially with the SONOS device. I don't know if TIVO is supported in HE.

@djgutheinz @neonturbo, I could do that, but I actually like to use HousePanel in place of the HE dashboards.... I do get your point though. And I'm using this for the tivo units... works great.

You can't combine devices on HousePanel? How would you have multiple light switches in a living room, for example? That would seem to be an odd quirk if that is how that app works.

And I am somewhat familiar with that Tivo driver, I have used it in the past.

I do have HousePanel setup with pages for rooms just like I have in the HE dashboard. I guess what you are saying is group those devices together with the attributes i commonly use either on that page or in the dashboard? I'll play around a bit with it.

Yes. Same way you would have any set of devices "grouped" for a lack of better word, in a dashboard.

You do the same "groups" with rooms where you have lots of sensors and switches, correct? I don't see how having a TV and a Tivo is different than a table lamp and ceiling light?

It just requires a lot of buttons or tiles vs the one for a light switch or motion sensor... The tivo driver doesn't have the button function built in, so while I now get the idea for the tv control and even adding volume for the sonos, the tivo is gonna be a bit of a challenge... it works great from the device page, but how do i translate that to a button on the dashboard... anyway, i don't wanna hijack this thread anymore... the tv driver is great and i've wanted this more for being able to turn them off when the family leaves them on... so again, that you @djgutheinz for this!

1 Like

Thanks for this information. I developed an independent link to SmartThings so this driver will stand-alone. It will augment current functions by adding setSource and setChannel plus the attributes inputSource and channel. (Sadly, more was not possible using the ST API). I am targeting tomorrow to release this BETA version.

1 Like

Yes. Being BETA, I reserve the right to change some of the codes (i.e., source1, source2 to HDMI1, HDMI2) with documentation in the release notes at the top of the driver.

1 Like

Any luck polling the ArtMode status? I'm using the 32 Frame which doesn't have the built in motion sensor so I'm looking to create a automation that looks for Art Mode status and then triggers via a room motions sensor if its not on w/ motion. Thanks again.

Fixed in test code. Out in next release.

Beta Update 1.3.5 Available. Detailed data is available at:
"HubitatActive/Samsung TV Remote.pdf at master ยท DaveGut/HubitatActive ยท GitHub"

This is hopefully the final Beta version. Need to concentrate on Anomalies. All previous anomalies are considered closed (or I will go crazier than I am).

5 Likes

Appreciate all the effort here. Is there anything special I need to do to initialize the driver?

A couple minor things I'm noticing.

Under the current status, the mute variable appears to be reversed. When the TV is muted the status says "unmuted" and when the volume is on it reports "muted".

artModeStatus is always reporting on. When the TV is on, watching SamsungTV (streaming) artModeStatus is still reporting on. I cycled through a couple apps and sources, the artModeStatus is always reporting "on". Not sure how you're parsing or issuing the command for ArtMode but depending on the app you're in the artmode button doesn't have any effect.

Initialize: Do a save preferences to initialize. Art Mode issues are an open issue.

Looking forward to this!

In latest version! Set top post in thread for instructions.

Very impressive. Thanks a lot for this! I am seeing a few issues though.

1. InputSource doesn't automatically update. It appears it only updates when a command is called to the ST API (so using "Set Input Source" or "Set TV Channel"). As such, it's almost always the wrong value.

2. TvChannelName: This is always null. Even when apps are launched, I've never been able to get it to update. I also tried clicking "set tv channel" and that doesn't cause a refresh (like it does with the inputSource.
    Also, FYI, even with ST, it doesn't automatically update and I had to add a polling job that called a refresh to the HubConnect ST device to get this to update. In your driver though, nothing gets it to update.

3. Can't set tv channel. The command doesn't seem to work even with apps like " org.tizen.netflix-app"

4. I'm getting an error every 10s. Not clear what's prompting this. The non ST commands work great and it appears the UPnP connection is fine.